Accompany me if you wish.....

By the sound of it the number of cameras in your shop would double with what Asha's bringing! :LOL:

It's all Mr Bumps fault.:D ..If he hadn't talked me into a meet and demanded a play with the 50mm 1.4 then i would never have looked at bringing so many toys.

I don't mind so long as you lot get some enjoyment from them (y)

Hey I get all the blame !

I have to arrive a bit late as I will still be recovering from 7x night shifts in a row.
I reckon for that day probably just my FE2 and my Oly Trip.

My Kiev 60 is now in the country so some random tracking tells me so with a bit of luck Asha that can be out for the possible day out to yorkshire Sculpture Park?

Hey I get all the blame !

[/QUOTE]

Well Mr Hooley aint about, so you appear to be the next best option! :D :D

I reckon for that day probably just my FE2 and my Oly Trip.

Travelling well light then :LOL:

My Kiev 60 is now in the country so some random tracking tells me so with a bit of luck Asha that can be out for the possible day out to yorkshire Sculpture Park?

Yes defo up for YSP in addition to Leeds.

Hopefully you'll have the Kiev60 for then....If it's like any other camera that's come out of Russia it will weigh a ton! :D

YSP should be good if the weather holds out, I will be packing a tripod as well for that day.

Just online now ordering a few films for the FE2 I fancy trying some new ones

Not sure about YSP by Public but I will probably be going for Asha as he is only up road from me I think in Horbury I will have space in car no worries if you are local or can get to Mirfield which is where I am by train?

I'm good to arrive at any time. Nick, shall we maybe meet at your place or outside the Corn Exchange? By the sound of it the number of cameras in your shop would double with what Asha's bringing! :LOL:

Sounds good! I might have to join you guys a bit later on if it's busy, or maybe me and Tom can take shifts with you all... :p

Does Nicks shop have STRONG coffee making facilities by any chance?? :D :D

Free tea & coffee for all! BYOM though (bring your own mug) as we only have 2... had 4, two had unfortunate accidents, as the mafia would put it

Can the YSP be reached by public transport? Or do you mean for another day?

We're looking at another day Paul......not confirmed yet but Thursday would work best for me, however as always, I'll go with the flow.....

Not sure about YSP by Public but I will probably be going for Asha as he is only up road from me I think in Horbury I will have space in car no worries if you are local or can get to Mirfield which is where I am by train?

Thanks for the transport offer Paul, much appreciated....I wouldn't have a clue how to get to YSP by bus from Horbury.

Thursday for the YSP is ok with me weather permitting.
Asha I could come get you and PMN if you can get to Mirfield its all good,
I don't know if Horbury has a train station?

Thursday for the YSP is ok with me weather permitting.
Asha I could come get you and PMN if you can get to Mirfield its all good,
I don't know if Horbury has a train station?

At first glance on the web, it don't look straightforward to get from Horbury to Mirfield.

Train doesn't seem to exist :LOL: and buses go only as far as Dewsbury. without changing etc unless someone else knows different :shrug:

At first glance on the web, it don't look straightforward to get from Horbury to Mirfield.

Train doesn't seem to exist :LOL: and buses go only as far as Dewsbury. without changing etc unless someone else knows different :shrug:

Asha I can come to Horbury its no issue, its barely 5 miles and its easy road.

Asha I can come to Horbury its no issue, its barely 5 miles and its easy road.

Really kind Paul providing that it REALLY is no bother!!! .... We can discuss it further on tuesday when we meet up in Leeds. (y)

Really kind Paul providing that it REALLY is no bother!!! .... We can discuss it further on tuesday when we meet up in Leeds. (y)

Its all good mate, if anyone else wants also if they get over to Mirfield where I live 400 yards from the Station its all good, we can sort out the fine details later.

BTW I've just got the Alu case packed and it's bursting :puke: :D

Got a more practical kit bag to bring to the meet ..... reckon that will be bursting too! :LOL:

BTW I've just got the Alu case packed and it's bursting :puke: :D

Got a more practical kit bag to bring to the meet ..... reckon that will be bursting too! :LOL:

My Kiev 60 arrived today as well, all looks nice hope to take a few pics tomorroa and wifey will bang the roll in to Jessops for devving friday, this should hopefully give me confidence for it on Thursday @ YSP.

My Kiev 60 arrived today as well, all looks nice hope to take a few pics tomorroa and wifey will bang the roll in to Jessops for devving friday, this should hopefully give me confidence for it on Thursday @ YSP.

Excellent (y)

Working that day the following week I am off:shrug:

Doubt it, I don't belong to the bone idle, work shy, glass backed, duvet day pansie club.

I is president of the rain or shine, 5 days a week without fail, grafting gang....:D

Sat & Sun are not the only days people have off work you know some of work weekends you know.

Last edited:
Well I decided I would try to get up at 2PM today (i'm on nights) and run out the door and run a 120 film through my Kiev 60 so the wife can dev it @ jessops tomorrow but slept in till 4:30PM, still managed to run a film off mind, pretty fast 12 arround Mirfield Canal before the light went, hopefully they will be ok and its all good for YSP !

Well I decided I would try to get up at 2PM today (i'm on nights) and run out the door and run a 120 film through my Kiev 60 so the wife can dev it @ jessops tomorrow but slept in till 4:30PM, still managed to run a film off mind, pretty fast 12 arround Mirfield Canal before the light went, hopefully they will be ok and its all good for YSP !

Err... are you sure that Jessops do 120 developing on site? As far as I know they send all formats except for 35mm print film off to an external site with a 2 - 4 week waiting period for them to come back to them for you to pick them up.

Err... are you sure that Jessops do 120 developing on site? As far as I know they send all formats except for 35mm print film off to an external site with a 2 - 4 week waiting period for them to come back to them for you to pick them up.

They were all different depending on the kit they had in the store and the expertise of the operator.

The local one to my work would do colour and b&w, 35mm and 120 on site and they new what they were doing, damn shame they closed.

Afternoon guys,

I hate to say this but Mummy's moving house on Tuesday and it probably wouldn't be too fair for me to leave her to it while I play with cameras so unfortunately I now won't be able to make it. I should be around Monday or Wednesday though if anyone's around for photos/beer then?

Really sorry to mess you all around, on the plus side I might get one of Mum's roast dinners as a thank you! :LOL:

your right the b*ggers don't do it, now I have a dliemma, do I just go for it and shoot my two more rolls, next week and just push them all in for devving or do I send this one away to peak and wait.

Can anyone collect this roll from Mirfield today and dev it. ?

sigh

your right the b*ggers don't do it, now I have a dliemma, do I just go for it and shoot my two more rolls, next week and just push them all in for devving or do I send this one away to peak and wait.

Can anyone collect this roll from Mirfield today and dev it. ?

sigh

I'd help if I could matey with deving ...if no one can come up trumps for you, I'd take a chance and run the other rolls through it when we meet.

Afternoon guys,

I hate to say this but Mummy's moving house on Tuesday and it probably wouldn't be too fair for me to leave her to it while I play with cameras so unfortunately I now won't be able to make it. I should be around Monday or Wednesday though if anyone's around for photos/beer then?

Really sorry to mess you all around, on the plus side I might get one of Mum's roast dinners as a thank you! :LOL:

:bang:

OK back to the drawing board ( kind of anyway.)

Are you still up for the YSP on thursday?

Do I still bring all this kit cos I aint lugging it if there's gunna be no one around who wants to play with it....:shrug:

As for mon or wed, then atm i could be free but where, when etc ?

Sorry for all the questions but I will be packing tonight ( fly tomorrow)

:bang:

OK back to the drawing board ( kind of anyway.)

Are you still up for the YSP on thursday?

Do I still bring all this kit cos I aint lugging it if there's gunna be no one around who wants to play with it....:shrug:

Sowwy. :(

I'd have to check out whether I can actually get to the YSP as I have absolutely no idea exactly where it is or how to get there on public transport, I was originally only going to be there on Tuesday but I can certainly look into getting there on Thursday!

As I say though I should be around on Monday and Wednesday, is there a vague possibility we can shift the Tuesday meet to Wednesday if everyone's still around? Again, I'm really sorry to mess you guys around but Mummy needs me!

Sowwy. :(

I'd have to check out whether I can actually get to the YSP as I have absolutely no idea exactly where it is or how to get there on public transport, I was originally only going to be there on Tuesday but I can certainly look into getting there on Thursday!

As I say though I should be around on Monday and Wednesday, is there a vague possibility we can shift the Tuesday meet to Wednesday if everyone's still around? Again, I'm really sorry to mess you guys around but Mummy needs me!

Appologies accepted, though you're gunna get 'a clip 'round lug ' if & when i see ya! :D

I think Mr Bump offered you a lift to YSP didn't he, if you can get to Mirfield on thursday.

I have the same prob re public transport on that day, but Paul ( Mr Bump) has very kindly offered to help out.

As for Leeds...tuesday remains the best bet for me tbh.

We need Mr Bumps input on this i think.

@Nick; how does all this fall with you....tuesday or anyday????

Sorry chaps late showing today, just starting my last 2 nights shifts.

I am 100% for Tuesday Asha no problems on that score, I imagine a 12 oclock train for me in Leeds for 1pm no issues. I will be bringing my FE2 and my Oly Trip.

Thursday again I am 100% the only thing that might cause issues on the day is weather but we can work with that nearer the day. I will defo be getting Ash fro Horbury and will have space in the car for 1 or 2 bodies who can arrange to get to Mirfield train staion time to be arranged.

thats me.

Sorry chaps late showing today, just starting my last 2 nights shifts.

I am 100% for Tuesday Asha no problems on that score, I imagine a 12 oclock train for me in Leeds for 1pm no issues. I will be bringing my FE2 and my Oly Trip.

Thursday again I am 100% the only thing that might cause issues on the day is weather but we can work with that nearer the day. I will defo be getting Ash fro Horbury and will have space in the car for 1 or 2 bodies who can arrange to get to Mirfield train staion time to be arranged.

thats me.

Best of luck with the night shifts Paul ...I don't envy you :puke:

OK for me then it's Leeds Tuesday ....I'll be there earlier than you Paul but can quite easily amuse myself :D

Not exactly sure what time Nick will be available but we could take a stroll up to his shop anyway.

Thursday at YSP (weather permitting) is on too.
@PMN, if you can get to Mirfield and accept Pauls lift then it will be good to meet up with you. ( I can give you that thick ear then! :LOL:)

Last edited:
As I say though I should be around on Monday and Wednesday, !

I will be in Wakefield on Monday and have time to kill throughout the day if you fancied getting yourself over there.....Perhaps a little limited for what there is to shoot, but it's a meet if you want it :shrug:

I have found that bunch of 52mm filters including a yellow one :)

OK Asha is in the UK and we are on for tomorrow in Leeds.
Any more takers?

Weather does not look great so it may be not be a mega picture taking session but beers and chats as well .

That'll do! What toys are you bringing? :)

Kiev 60 MF 2xrolls of Kodak B&W and a tripod
Olympus Trip + flash still desciding on film
Nikon FE2 with probabley 100ISO Kodak TX
Practica TL3 Super with 50/F1.8 dirty viewfinder for giggles.

I want a few clicks on the 690 pretty please !

Back