accreditation

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been lucky enough to get passes to take some shots down the millenium stadium of the Welsh team training before the autumn internationals.

I was going to try and go a step further and get a pass for the actual matches. I've filled in the form online but am stuck on one part. It's got a heading of Organisation (if freelance please specify). Anybody got any ideas please???:shrug: Does it mean you got to put freelance in or something else???

Hi Paul

The official bumf from the RFL and the Welsh RFL states

"In line with standard media accreditation practices, all photographers must provide proof of commission with their e-mail application along with a contact name and number. There will be no exceptions to these terms.

Please note that no late requests will be considered after accreditation closes as we are unable to process requests after the cut-off time. Please also note that, whilst we will endeavour to meet all requirements and needs, we may not be able to grant all accreditation requests and radio broadcasters may not be seated in the radio box at The Racecourse as there is very limited space available in this part of the ground with reservations likely to be made for the host broadcasters.

Wifi is available at The Racecourse and broadcasters should also state whether they require ISDN lines. Should broadcasters require ISDN lines, Wales Rugby League will be in contact once we have allocated seating regarding this."

Even if you put you are a freelancer you must be Catagory level 1 accredited by the RFL and you have to provide details of which Media outlet, ie newspaper etc, etc and a Telephone number of the papers editor so they can ring them to confirm you are working and are paying you to attend the game, the welsh RFL are not accepting people just turning up on spec.

Last edited:
Cheers Gary.

I do some work for media Wales and pics in the local paper every week. I've got in contact with the editor and asked if they would be interested in photos of the matches and if I could use the editors name. They were fine with that and I've put that on the form. I was just a little confused with this organisation bit. Should I put media Wales in that box??

Back