Acer 15"CB5-571

Edit My Images
Yes
I've been asked to look into purchasing a 80th birthday gift Acer 15"CB5-571 chrome book for a 80 yr old gentleman in the range of £200-£300, his wife can't afford much more. Can anyone telll me if the above chrome book comes with the usual plethora of pre installed apps which may never get used, if so can they be uninstalled easily. My own tablet came with lots of what I call a waste of HD space which I can't uninstall unless I root ( I think the term is) it..

The above Acer will only be used to browse the net, email and the odd document now and again.
Thanks

Chromebooks don't come installed with any apps beyond the chrome browser nor can you install any apps on them. The idea is that most basic computing tasks can be done with web based apps. If the gentleman using the laptop really does only need to browse the net, email and some office tasks then it's well suited. Google offers a full web based office suite (docs, sheets etc).

One thing you may need to consider is if you need to print any documents because unless the printer supports google cloud print you will not be able to print document via the chrome book.

I love using a chromebook and recommend them to a lot of computer illiterate friends and family (whilst making sure they know the caveats) because it's the safest and most secure operating system and there is very little that the user can do that can mess up their laptop.

Last edited:
Back