Achieving acceptable Printed Images

Name
Ron
Edit My Images
No
Hi
Just joined up. Trying to teach myself how to use a dslr properly.
I have been using Panasonic G series cameras for just over a year starting with a G1 and finishing up with a GH2.
I now also have a used Canon which I am trying to get the hang of.
If anybody reads this, could I ask for some advice?
I have one big problem with my photography. My printed images bear no relation to the images on my monitor. I have recently changed to an Apple IMac and changed my printer to a Canon MG6150. However the edited image on my monitor is not reproduced by the printer. I have tried different brands of photographic paper and printed photos via different programs.
Is the simple answer to this, that my monitor needs calibration? What confuses me is that the monitor image seems to be very true to life, with regards to colour etc of the image taken.
Is the Spyder generally regarded as the best product for the keen amateur, and if so, which model for more than one screen?
If my printed images are not coming out correctly, it is defeating all my efforts to produce respectable photos, and I may as well use a camera phone if I intend to do no more than view photos on my monitor.
Anyone who has had this problem and can pass on the benefit of their experience would be greatly appreciated.
Ron

Last edited:
Hi Ron, and welcome aboard. You may have a bit more joy asking your question regarding print output within our Printing and Presentation section. Consistent Print output is a bit of a minefield, and it's probably best for one of the expert guys who hang out there to answer your question :)

Hi
Thank you for the reply.
I am afraid although I am pretty computer and Internet savvy, I have never been on a forum before, so I was even struggling to know how to post a message.
I will take your advice, thank you.

Back