Acrobatic Bullfinch

Edit My Images
Yes
Back to reality from the 30º heat and bright sunshine of my holiday.:cool:

Managed to catch this female Bullfinch performing.

200-400VR + 1.4TC (550mm) 1/400 sec f6.3 ISO 3200

Lovely set there, well done.

Three good poses captured with this bird, I agree with Kaz about the brightness in the white feathers.

Fanatsic captures Very well Done

Kirk

Lovely set there, well done.

Beautiful set of bully shots well done!

Beautiful shots, lovely colour and detail :)
Thanks

Nice series of shots, do you use a hide.

These were taken hand held from a permanent hide at Belvide, bit of a reaction shot really, the bird did not hang around for too long.

good captures Martyn but they look a tad to bright to me especially the white part but good on you getting them I haven t seen any for ages

Three good poses captured with this bird, I agree with Kaz about the brightness in the white feathers.

Agree I blew the whites a bit, probably through spot metering the darker area of the bird, these shots are brighter than it looked in real time, it was quite gloomy, when the Sun came out they had gone.

In hindsight matrix would have controlled the whites better, but at high ISO I would have been under exposed on the rest of the bird, which would have meant a noisier image, I may have another look at the raw images, see if I can do anything to reign the brightness of the whites in.

A good set Martyn and agree about the highlights, sometimes though you have to go one way or the other when metering :shrug: A fairly light plumage in bright conditions are not ideal either. #3 for me (y)

A good set Martyn and agree about the highlights, sometimes though you have to go one way or the other when metering :shrug: A fairly light plumage in bright conditions are not ideal either. #3 for me (y)

I was more interested in capturing the behaviour / antics of the bird, watching her stretching to get to the furthest seeds, I wondered if the harder to reach ones tasted better :D

I remember last year watching a male Bullfinch deep in the brambles, hovering not unlike a Hummingbird, just so he could get at some of the dried berries / seeds.

About 15 minutes after I took these, the Sun broke through and the light improved, however the Bullfinches did not return, thats how it is sometimes.

I was more interested in capturing the behaviour / antics of the bird, watching her stretching to get to the furthest seeds, I wondered if the harder to reach ones tasted better :D

I remember last year watching a male Bullfinch deep in the brambles, hovering not unlike a Hummingbird, just so he could get at some of the dried berries / seeds.

About 15 minutes after I took these, the Sun broke through and the light improved, however the Bullfinches did not return, thats how it is sometimes.

They got their reasons I suppose :shrug: I remember watching my finches in the aviary, they would always stretch ro the Millet that was furthest away from the perch :LOL:

They got their reasons I suppose :shrug: I remember watching my finches in the aviary, they would always stretch ro the Millet that was furthest away from the perch :LOL:

The grass is always greener on the other side .... ;)

I trust you will be entering the challenge ;)

Back