Acros 100

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks!

The nice DPD man has just dropped off my stash of the above along with my Xtol. I want to shoot a roll today because I am excited! Anyway, I haven't yet got the bottles to decant my Xtol into and I am impatient to shoot a roll of the film.

I still have plenty of rodinal though. Digital Truth inly has details for shooting at 80 and developing 1+50. Would you good folk recommend shooting at 80 and following the above or can anyone shed any light onto dilutions and times for shooting at 100 with rodinal?

As always, I am very grateful for any help you good people can offer :)

Are you shooting 35mm then?

I've had good luck at 1+50 for 13.5 mins at 20C for 120 rolls:
20120612124616_james-playmat.jpg

I personally shoot my acros at ISO100, but develop at 1:50 (20 degrees C), not 1:100. I agitate for the first 30 seconds, and then 10s every minute there after. Total dev time I think it about 12:30 or 13:00. Given 1:100 dilution instead, and using the same agitation regime, I might dev for a total of perhaps 17-18 minutes, at a guess. For less aggressive agitation, add more time (obviously) - Exactly how much extra depends on the agitation you go for. As such, it'd be handy to know your method :)

I personally shoot my acros at ISO100, but develop at 1:50 (20 degrees C), not 1:100. I agitate for the first 30 seconds, and then 10s every minute there after. Total dev time I think it about 12:30 or 13:00. Given 1:100 dilution instead, and using the same agitation regime, I might dev for a total of perhaps 17-18 minutes, at a guess. For less aggressive agitation, add more time (obviously) - Exactly how much extra depends on the agitation you go for. As such, it'd be handy to know your method :)

I wasn't clear :) I will be shoring the film at 100 not using 1+100 :) I tend to agitate for 30 seconds to a minute continuous first then two slow inversions for ten seconds every minute thereafter.

Thanks for replying :)

Well I went on a mission after we went to the beach yesterday and got some bottles and mixed the xtol! Developed the roll in it his afternoon! I will be trying one in rodinal soon though so thanks for all the useful input :)

Examples will be posted of course!

Back