Action camera best at 1080p

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I am looking for an action camera which has a very good full HD (not 4k). I was recently looking at GoPro Hero Black 7 and DJI osmo action but cannot find much about quality of their full HD. As these are expensive, I researched cheaper options, and cam across SJCAM SJ8 Pro - which supposedly has very good 4k, but very average full HD quality. Similar situation (I heard) is with Sony x3000 (great 4k but average HD).

By the way I am looking at action cameras with stabilisation only, and preferably some weather sealing.

I am now waiting for SJCAM 9 to be released (15 June) to see how it compares.

Do you have any other recommendations?

I have the older hero 4 black and the quality is very good, I normally shoot at 1080 and it looks great even on a big tv. It shoots 4k but thats overkill for what I need.
Keep in mind the gopro doesn't have a zoom lens, you can alter the "zoom" but it's really cropping digitally, and you cant change it on the fly during filming, it's a menu job.

I have the older hero 4 black and the quality is very good, I normally shoot at 1080 and it looks great even on a big tv. It shoots 4k but thats overkill for what I need.
Keep in mind the gopro doesn't have a zoom lens, you can alter the "zoom" but it's really cropping digitally, and you cant change it on the fly during filming, it's a menu job.
Thank you, but I am looking for one with stabilisation and preferable weather sealing.
i think I will wait for the release of SJCAM 9 and some initial reviews.

I have the Go Pro 7 Black. I used it on holiday in India recently along with a camcorder and an Osmo Pocket.
The Go Pro should give you good 1080 quality, I'm happy with what I shot.... mostly, sometimes the image stabilization causes stuttering during movement. I also fell foul of not reading up on HEVC, but nevermind, only shot a few bits at 240fps anyway. Didn't get on with the Panasonic VX1 or the Osmo Pocket.

I also have the Go Pro 4, you can buy a waterproof housing for it.

There's £30 off the Osmo Action at Drones Direct at the moment [ code = 30off ] - next day delivery included
Otherwise it's £329 everywhere.

I shot a wedding on the hero 4 black for a tv company. They only needed the service and cut in with the proper pro footage before and after the wedding you couldn't tell it was shot on a small gopro.

Back