Action cameras and handheld gimbal / Gimbal with built in camera help please

Name
Mathew
Edit My Images
Yes
We have been lucky enough to be able to go on holiday to florida in the summer. As it is such a big holiday I really wanted to make sure that I had the right equipment to capture plenty of memories. I have been considering purchasing a gimbal that will allow me to get some nice candid smooth videos easily. I cannot decide which way to go with it and would like some thoughts or opinions on the best options.

I like the look of the DJI Osmo but that has to be paired with my mobile to use it as a screen which is extra faff that I didn't want. (plus my mobile battery will run down which is not what I wanted).

The Feiyu Tech Summon seems to solve the screen problem but I have read lots of reports of the sound being really bad and also reliability issues with lots of the Feiyu Tech gimbals. (I really didn't want a separate sound recorder as again its added faff).

or

Do I just go with a gopro (or budget alternative if anyone can recommend one) and buy a gimbal for that. I am trying to keep costs with this to a minimum and so would most likely be looking at a hero+ but I have no idea on a gimbal to go with that.

I have also just spotted a Yuneec steady grip and was wondering what that was like.

There seems to be a trade of with all these options which I don't really want when paying so much in the first place.

So please feel free to give me your opinions or any other suggestions that you might have instead.

One other thought... My wife has a Canon g9x and wondered if there is a gimbal available for that?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Which Chinese copy did you get. One of those would suit me but I keep reading mix reviews which is putting me off. Thanks

I bought a SJCAM SJ4000 a couple of years ago, its basic but footage is bloody brilliant. Not sure if you can still get them but i would get a couple more if i could. I think I paid about £60 and it came with loads of mounts and accessories.

Like you we visit Florida for 3 weeks every summer and ive been toying with the idea of a gimble of some kind. My friend has the osmo and hates it for some reason.

I ve been watching quite a few Forida vlogs recently and these people tend to use something like a Canon G7 which must have pretty good stabilisation as they look pretty good. My wife took my SJ for a your of our resorts last summer and the results were somewhat Blair Witch......

I bought a SJCAM SJ4000 a couple of years ago, its basic but footage is bloody brilliant. Not sure if you can still get them but i would get a couple more if i could. I think I paid about £60 and it came with loads of mounts and accessories.

Yes you can, there's also an upgraded one for not much more money. They come up as lightning deals occasionally (I bought mine as one for just over 30 quid)
Never needed a gimbal, slots on the top of my M43, and as stated, footage is really good.

Back