action greyed out.

Edit My Images
Yes
Help!
I've been following a tutorial in this months Digital camera magazine, to get the lomo effect!

In one of the steps is says to creat a new layer>select all>select>modify>contract.

I do all of this but "contract" is greyed out!!

Anyone know how to get over this?:bang:
(I am working in 8 bit)

Thanks in advance

Spence

Select all does not work with the modify selection commend in my experience. Try the following (bit of a longer walkthru but it works:

1. Create an new layer & fill it with a colour
2. Select that layers transparency (just apple click on the layers thumbnail - think it's ctrl+click on a PC but not 100% sure)
3. Go to edit>free transform (apple+T or Ctrl+T) & shrink the colour layer to 99.9% of it's original size (use the type in options at the top of the transform bar)
4. The modify>contract option will now work & you can always increase the selection size by .01% if you need to

Just give me a shout if anything there does not make sense (y)

Select all does not work with the modify selection commend in my experience. Try the following (bit of a longer walkthru but it works:

1. Create an new layer & fill it with a colour
2. Select that layers transparency (just apple click on the layers thumbnail - think it's ctrl+click on a PC but not 100% sure)
3. Go to edit>free transform (apple+T or Ctrl+T) & shrink the colour layer to 99.9% of it's original size (use the type in options at the top of the transform bar)
4. The modify>contract option will now work & you can always increase the selection size by .01% if you need to

Just give me a shout if anything there does not make sense (y)

Thanks for that moomike, I've just got back from training so will try tomorrow.! (y)

Spence

Back