Actor George Kennedy Has Died

Sad news. He was one of those actors who always added something special to everything he appeared in and had the ability to switch between nice guy to bad guy roles and be convincing in both.

One of those actors that turned up in many films. He played a great 'straight' role in the Naked Gun films. 91 was a good age. RIP

RIP, I don't know if he ever made leading man but he was a great supporting actor.

RIP, I don't know if he ever made leading man but he was a great supporting actor.

I don't think he did but a great supporting actor, which he got his Oscar for.

Mel Bakersfeld: Joe, this is Mel. There's no more time. Stop all engines and get out. Repeat. Stop all engines.

Cockpit qualified young man: Mr. Patroni, she won't take much more.

Joe Patroni: Well anyway, she's gonna get it.

Mel Bakersfeld: Joe, the plows are moving. Shut down and hold on! Joe Patroni! Do you read me? Acknowledge!

Mel Bakersfeld: Joe! Shut down!

Cockpit qualified young man: Mr. Patroni? Don't you hear him? Shut down.

Joe Patroni: I can't hear a thing. There's too much noise. Hold on. We're GOIN FOR BROKE!

Cockpit qualified young man: [after the plane gets out of the ditch] The instruction book said that was impossible.

Joe Patroni: That's one nice thing about the 707. It can do everything BUT read.

[throws his chewed and soggy cigar over his shoulder]

They don't make them like Joe Patroni anymore (y)

He always put in a solid performance and rightly deserved his Oscar.BBC annoyed me by calling him the "naked gun" star....
The films he was in and the people he appeared alongside and it was Naked Gun?

He always put in a solid performance and rightly deserved his Oscar.BBC annoyed me by calling him the "naked gun" star....
The films he was in and the people he appeared alongside and it was Naked Gun?
Google and IMDB appear to lead with those films for him too.
I remember him best for Red Leary.

Don't forget his supporting role in Cool Hand Luke. He was the perfect foil for Newman

Fly, Mr Kennedy, fly in Heaven with your beautiful white wings, and be a guardian angle to all those airliners that are flying all around the world.

Thank you for the Airport movies.

Back