adapter ring

Really this should be in another section as its refering to mounting on digital bodies, but unfortunately your unlikely to find an adapter which will allow you to do this properly as the flange depth of the OM mount is 46mm and the flange depth of the F mount is 46.5mm so you will be unable to get infinity focus as the image is being focused further 'forward' than the film/sensor.

Technically you could use an element in the adapter to being it into infinity focus but the distances are so close that I don't think it would be possible to manufacture an adapter thin enough. Plus the element would act as a very small teleconverter and degrade image quality.

There are some places which will do lens mount changes but I don't think it would be worth it for what you want (and downright criminal destroying perfectly good lenses to put them on another body)

Really this should be in another section as its refering to mounting on digital bodies, but unfortunately your unlikely to find an adapter which will allow you to do this properly as the flange depth of the OM mount is 46mm and the flange depth of the F mount is 46.5mm so you will be unable to get infinity focus as the image is being focused further 'forward' than the film/sensor.

Technically you could use an element in the adapter to being it into infinity focus but the distances are so close that I don't think it would be possible to manufacture an adapter thin enough. Plus the element would act as a very small teleconverter and degrade image quality.

There are some places which will do lens mount changes but I don't think it would be worth it for what you want (and downright criminal destroying perfectly good lenses to put them on another body)
sorry about wrong section, seemed obvious place to ask,
found this on net would this be any good

The Olympus mount is not T-Mount, it is referred to as OM Mount. OM lens to Nikon F-mount isn't a very popular combination, and usually there are lots of lens adapters on fleabay but nothing is coming up for the combination you desire, so they may not be manufactured at all.

You cannot use OM lenses on Nikons. If such an adapter exists, it will have a glass element which will act as a teleconverter and will degrade image quality. Nikons are a pain for adapting lenses to, so the only ones I'd recommend are manual focus Nikon lenses and perhaps Pentacon Six lenses. Same goes for PK, M42, Yashica/Contax and other mount lenses...that's why us crazy manual people use Canons ;)

It's not a case of 'cannot use', because technically M42 lenses also need an infinity focus element and many people use adapters with those elements. It's just a case of that an adapter doesn't appear to be manufactured - there aren't that many people who want to use Zuiko lenses on their modern DSLRs.

It might be worth talking to http://www.srb-griturn.com/. Nothing on their site probably for the reason Manualfocus gave, but they are the experts.

Back