Adapters for Canon EF lenses

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
There are a quite few of them for a few different systems. I am primarily concerned with the full frame + dual cards options that can do a very decent 4k video (RAW, 10bit, log, etc). I am sure they will all vary quite a bit but essentially is there anything that will replicate near-native performance and enable smooth continuous autofocus in video? Other considerations include whether lens distortion correction in LR will still work. It is absolutely no good delivering files with wonky verticals. After already spending too much on IT gear new "native" lenses are out of question for a while and they are supposed to still work with my other canon - the 5ds.
At the end of the day the Canon benchmark is the R6 with the adapter at around 2400ish... It is not my dream camera particularly with heat issues but it essentially ticks the boxes apart from crappy low res EVF.

adapted canon lenses on e-mount is only good for stills tbh (and that too not even for tracking especially with telephotos).
If you want native like performance your options are really R5/6 based on what you are looking for.

The are plenty of cheaper native lenses on e-mount compared to RF anyway but not many bodies that'll do RAW, 10bit, log, etc. In fact as far as I know only two bodies do this (A7SIII and A1) and you might as well buy the R5 at that point.

Fair enough. Let's hope the price of R6 drops a little over next few months. I note that r5 has gone down a bit but it's still expensive for what it is and an overkill for my commercial work.

Back