AdBlue?....

My rental van had the same thing come up, took it into the rental place and they did it in a few minutes. No idea what was involved but it was quick and painless so I'd assume it's a job you can do yourself.

A quick google search says that you can refill it yourself, just need to find out where the cap is and how much adblue you need to fill the tank. Then search for the best price online.
It seems it is quite lethal stuff in regards to paintwork etc so will probably need a funnel.

Seems its easy enough :)
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/152834/what-is-adblue

Topping up with AdBlue is a simple affair. It’s always a good idea to consult your car’s handbook first, but typically all you need to do is open the AdBlue filler cap, screw on the connecter of the refill bottle, then let the AdBlue drain into the tank. Many larger refill containers require a connecting nozzle, and you may want to buy one of these from a dealer if you’re a high-mileage driver, as larger refills can save you money in the long run.

Some cars require that you use the wheel brace to undo the AdBlue filling cap, and most require that you add a minimum amount (usually around three to five litres) when refilling, in order to remove the warning message from your car’s dashboard.

edit too slow :D

Probably cheapest to buy from Euro Car Parts rather than Halfords.

Don't let it run dry of Ad-Blue as I've heard some cars go into limp home mode if the tank runs empty.

Probably cheapest to buy from Euro Car Parts rather than Halfords.

Don't let it run dry of Ad-Blue as I've heard some cars go into limp home mode if the tank runs empty.
yes i heard that too, I fill mine in the boot, easy job in yeti didn't even know i had too until light came on, they had this
for sale in my tesco filling station, not sure how much, I paid £11 from my local motor factor for 5lts.

Yeah you can get it from most places like petroleum stations etc.

My work van uses it but the company send it out to me when I order it. When it does need filling up, it normally takes a lot (about 3 litres). Also your car won’t start if you run out.

Just go to a petrol station. I filled mine up a few weeks ago at my local petrol station - cheaper than buying say a 10l container - just fill it from the pump and away you go.

Mercedes e coupe adblue tank will be under the spare wheel in the boot. Probably need about 15-20 litres to fill it up fully. Don't run out or as others have said the car will then refuse to start.

About £6 in Costco for 5L - worth a look if you've a card / know someone :)

Thanks everyone, picked up 10L from Halfords and the warning has gone away. Believe its a 25L tank though so probably not full.
Seems like there might be an AdBlue pump at one of the Shell Stations on the other side of the city so will pop in there next time I'm over there to top it up.

I wonder which is worse for the Earth in the long run, the emissions that AdBle etc. are reducing or the CO2 released during its (AdBlue's) production?

Back