(Added Photos) Its the CROP FACTORRRRRRRR!!!! (Venus)

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
@hoftwi stop looking NOW! :D:D:D:D:p

Tested the Venus 60mm on f8 rather than my go to f11 need to do a comparison experiment on all setups at different Apertures now :rolleyes:

For better viewing have a look on flickr... All crops and some upto 100% :D

IMG_1275
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_1271
by bthomas124, on Flickr

The Climb (1 of 1)
by bthomas124, on Flickr

pogonognathellus flavescens (3 of 3)
by bthomas124, on Flickr

5. Head OOF but shot and cropped to so detail of the scales....... Honest Guv ;)

pogonognathellus flavescens (2 of 3)
by bthomas124, on Flickr

6. 4x shot stack.... Its gonna get you!!!

pogonognathellus flavescens 4x shot Stack (1 of 1)
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

That last shot, the stack is simply WOW

"Excellent" set of images Bryn, some good compositions, very fine detail, and the 4X stack for me is right on the money.(y)

George.

4 shot stack of a springtail...:jawdrop:

Thanks mate guess you are impressed lol... I wont tell anyone that I missed a bit of antenna if you don't ;)

I didn't see anything, I simply just clicked like and leave this message :p

Lmao.... don't know what you are missing my best work yet.

That last shot, the stack is simply WOW

Thanks mate

Nice nice nice nice nice nice nice (my favourite biscuits lol) haha only joking great pics

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that made me lol... thanks mate have a :hug:

"Excellent" set of images Bryn, some good compositions, very fine detail, and the 4X stack for me is right on the money.(y)

George.

Any compositions you think need improving? I have plenty of space around them to do whatever I want :D

Wonderful work buddy :)

Paul.

Cheers Paul.... This lens this lens!!

Looked at them max size over at Flickr. There's a lot of sharpness and detail. The eyes in the first two are excellent. Number 4 does it best for me as a complete image. Very good.

Thanks Nick most appreciated. Need to setup your type of experiments for this lens really see if I can identify the sweet spot.

Thanks Nick most appreciated. Need to setup your type of experiments for this lens really see if I can identify the sweet spot.

Good luck with that. As you know, I've found it difficult to get clear answers to questions like that - too many variables a lot of the time, and difficult to arrange precise enough "like for like" comparisons to be completely confident in the results.

Crikey you've been busy. So did you come to any conclusions around improvement to detail at wider apertures and was it worth the trade off of DoF?

Crikey you've been busy. So did you come to any conclusions around improvement to detail at wider apertures and was it worth the trade off of DoF?

No conclusions yet need to do a comparison shoot really.... but I preferred f8 for stacking seemed easier to see focus limits. The above stack is missing 2 sections at least but starting to get hang of it. Think this lens is just sharp. Need to try f8 on my other setups too.

I like follow the leader of the new ones. I am amazed they stay in one spot after flashing them, they normally jump!

Thanks Chris... I really liked that one too. Nice to get more than one in a shot. :D

I don't find them too jumpy with flash. T.Minor being only one easily freaked out.

Back