Adder (again)!

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to my Adder site on Sunday morning, and found the same female I photographed 2 weeks previously, in exactly the same spot.She was quite relaxed about me getting in close, and although she changed position she didn't move away from her spot.

Adder 3358b by Dave O'B, on Flickr

Adder 3391b by Dave O'B, on Flickr

Adder 3434b by Dave O'B, on Flickr

Taken with my 7d Markii + 100-400mmL ii.

Cheers,

Dave

Great shots I'm fed up looking for my first one I suppose I will just have to keep on looking

Great shots I'm fed up looking for my first one I suppose I will just have to keep on looking

They can be very difficult to spot. Before I came across this site last year, I would typically see them an instant after they saw me, so all my sightings were of a snake disappearing into the undergrowth. Keep looking though, you'll get lucky sometime!

cracking shots. such interesting things... love their eyes.

Yes, their eyes are an amazing colour, and the overhanging brow scale gives them quite a fierce look.

Very cool Dave,had a spell with some common lizards recently,damn some herps are so long DOF always has me struglling Love the way you have all of her in the first frame Dave that's a cracking bit of framing and the captures of sharp head in the second two.
It's finding the little spots isn't it,it all stems from there,but those sites are not easily found
Great images,and some effort to get there, good for you Dave ,cheers for sharing

stu

Cheers Stu!

Yeah, common lizards make great subjects but trying to fit them all in the frame and getting good DOF can be a challenge. The little beggars like to pose at a nice oblique angle to make things difficult (at least, the ones I find do!). One good photo is worth all the effort though.

Dave

Back