Adding keywords to your images

Name
Itti
Edit My Images
No
How do you tag your photos? I know you can do this with some software and embed the information in the photo - but how?

I use Photoshop (6.0) and Canon's DPP (the latter mostly for the RAW conversion).
Can switch into Paint Shop Pro, Microsoft Photo Editor, etc., if these can do it and the above can't.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

In DPP goto tools/append metadata.

I don't seem to have that option. I'm running version 3.4.0.0, it can't be that out of date I only got it in December. Have had a look through the menus but can't find anything that looks like it might be right!

Sorry, I'm talking rubbish, that was for Adobe Bridge. :bang:

I can't fing it in DPP and I'm unfamiliar with Photoshop 6.

In CS3-4 you can open up an image and go to File Info/Description where you can append the file info in that box.

I'm unsure if that will work in Photoshop 6?

Worth a try.

Aha! I've found it :)
Photoshop-keywords.jpg

Good stuff! (y)

:LOL:
Itti I love how you have a menu at the bottom saying "Adding Keywords to y..."

When covering football matches I have to caption every images sent. For this I use Photo Mechanic which has a usful facility called "Stationary Pad" With this I create a template then its added to every image downloaded (Ingest) through Photo Mechanic. I then just open any image I want to send and add players/team names discribing the action.You can also build up a keyword list which makes it easy to add any additional wording.

When covering football matches I have to caption every images sent. For this I use Photo Mechanic which has a usful facility called "Stationary Pad" With this I create a template then its added to every image downloaded (Ingest) through Photo Mechanic. I then just open any image I want to send and add players/team names discribing the action.You can also build up a keyword list which makes it easy to add any additional wording.

Thanks snapz but I'm interested in doing it with the software I already have... or freeware of course!

Back