Adding monitor to laptop

Name
Storm Trooper
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm thinking of adding a large screen to my laptop(this model) to help with processing and viewing. I've seen this which is within budget so is this the type of screen I need to look at and does anybody have any experience with acer.

Scott

there is a socket on my laptop for a screen...
its got two screw sockets each side

thats a big jump..why buy a 17" laptop..

The laptop was an upgrade last year(before I started to take photography seriously) from a 6 yr old pc for my wife and I, but having seen a larger screen used at the York convention by Lee it looks a very useful addition.

I see it has HDMI out put looking at the link The monitor has DVI input you will need an adaptor to connect but all will work

Mine's the model just before the one shown without the HDMI :( but all the other specs seem the same.

I did try my old pc with a Samsung 32inch HD ready tv a few years ago which worked. All I want is a larger screen which I can calibrate rather than that over saturated over bright TV look.

My Mum has had no ed of trouble with her Acer works laptop connecting it to projectors with the VGA connection, they ended up replacing it with a Dell.

External monitors are great though, the colour is so much better than laptop screens.

My Mum has had no ed of trouble with her Acer works laptop connecting it to projectors with the VGA connection, they ended up replacing it with a Dell.

External monitors are great though, the colour is so much better than laptop screens.

i just heard a big penny hit the bottom of my empty brain cell

a monitor for looking at photos seems to be the answer to all the up and down stuff trying to view my shots on the laptop
would a CRT be the answer...my pc had a gigantic monitor but the colours and details were always the same no matter where you sat

cheers(y)

I use an external 19" monitor on my desk to connect to my laptop. Laptop screens just do not have the same gamut as monitors so for working with photographs (especially in large gamut colorspaces) an external monitor is really a necessity.

It's really nice for working in LR too, you can have the interface and thumbnails on your laptop screen and the full screen display of the current image on the external monitor. Excellent! (y)

Back