Additional lenses for Bridge Cameras? opinions please?

Name
Nicola
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I have a Fuji Finepix S8000fd camera, which I am really enjoying. Particularly the manual mode because its a bit like an DSLR. (Good learning curve me thinks)

Anyway I noticed that there are such things as additional lenses for brindge cameras which surprised me, so I ordered a set from ebay. These are attatched to the end of the existing lens using an adapter ring.

Does anyone have any experience in these sorts of things because i dont really know how beneficial these are because at the moment I'm not noticing a difference.

So can these be useful?

Thanks

MM:)

Almost completely unrelated but I once bought a set of adaptor lenses for a compact type camera. The close up ones were quite good, telephoto one worked but was not that sharp, wide angle one was so bad as to be totally useless. As it came as a set the whole lot went back. I'd have kept the close up if I could.

Hope you have a better experience.

Hi, what lenses have you bought? Are they filters or teleconverters etc?

I once had a Canon 2.4x tele for a Powershot, which improved the camera no end (IMHO)

Might be an idea to tell us what you want to do and what kind of lenses youve bought

A friend of mine has the Canon S3 (impressive camera for the money I must say) and he recently bought a Raynox 2.2X. It's actually really good, tested its performance together and there is absolutelly no loss in IQ, giving a 35mm equivalent of 950mm with IS. But it was costly for this type of "lenses", it cost around £120 delivered. It actually made me think that it wouldn't be a bad idea of purchasing one of these cameras with a Raynox. It would cost me a small fraction of the price of my dream lens, the Sigma 300-800mm :love::D

It would cost me a small fraction of the price of my dream lens, the Sigma 300-800mm :love::D

I know a lot of 'birders' use bridge cams plus tele lenses. As always they are not as good as slr + bazooka lens but are much, much cheaper and you can get insanely long focal length for relatively little money and weight/bulk.

Back