Adobe Bridge + colour contrast changing problem

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

i think the problem is best illustrated by the photo below but when I click on the thumbnail the colours in the photo change and it like unsharpens itself.

I've read that this is because bridge can't read the settings for picture profiles (400d) which i've tweaked to give a sharper and more saturated photo.

Please help this is doing my head in as im having to edit every photo

sid
problemfq8.jpg

You'll need to use Canon's Digital Photo Professional if you want to preserve the in camera settings, either that or switch to jpeg. Adobe applies it's own settings which are just a starting point for you, that's the downside of shooting raw, you do need to edit every frame. You might also consider using Lightroom which can apply a develop preset as you import so with the right settings you could emulate what you've set in camera.

ACR is adobe camera raw and is built into CS3 (not sure about other versions) and is the RAW editor in PS CS3.

Not totally sure I know what your problem is m8

However - if you select (say) 50 images all taken at the same sort of lighting and similar exposure, then click 'Open in Camera raw' you'll see all your images on the Left and editing options on the right

Clicking 'Select all' then 'Synchronise' means anything you do to the first image will be done to all the others too

If you click 'Done' it applies the changes without opening any, or clicking 'Save images' gives you a range of file types to save them as

Is that what you were after?

DD

I wouldnt know how to resolve as I dont use any in camera settings. Sorry.

I think I must have missed something here???

I use Bridge & ACR to batch process images so I don't have to do it one at a time - isn't that what the OP means?

DD

No, I think the OP means the shots look different because bridge/acr isn't applying the picturesytle settings from the camera (Canon thing) so it doesn't matter if you do it one by one or batch they still need changing to get them looking how they were in camera.

Yeah I use it all the time.

So is there a way to adjust this issue automatically when viewed in bridge?

sid

I don't think bridge lets you auto apply settings as it doesn't really "import", just catalogs.

Adobe have released a beta version of a plug in for both Lightroom and Camera RAW (4.6 I think). It only works on DNG files, but it mimics, the picture styles for both Canon, Nikon and other cameras

True but it doesn't preserve any user made changes such as contrast, saturation, etc. that the OP is looking for.

O I C now

Canon eh - there's so many complaints and 'issues' flying around with that make at the mo, makes me glad of my Nikons

Does ACR carry forward in camera changes to contrast, etc. when you import the NEFs then?

I would have thought the thinking is that if your shooting RAW you prefer to do your own pp on the computer afterwards, and the 'picture styles' are for people who shoot P modes and jpeg? I think you can print directly from the camera too can't you? So probably aimed at those users too.

I would have thought the thinking is that if your shooting RAW you prefer to do your own pp on the computer afterwards, and the 'picture styles' are for people who shoot P modes and jpeg? I think you can print directly from the camera too can't you? So probably aimed at those users too.

Well that is a real shame.

Does anyone use this canon digital program then? Is that any good?

sid

Does ACR carry forward in camera changes to contrast, etc. when you import the NEFs then?

Soz - no idea - I like my 'RAW' raw - so I have no in camera anything on at all

But as it's a Nikon, I'm sure it does (coughs)

DD

Soz - no idea - I like my 'RAW' raw - so I have no in camera anything on at all

But as it's a Nikon, I'm sure it does (coughs)

DD

Keep coughing, you'll get the gold watch before ACR reads in camera settings :LOL:

Well that is a real shame.

Does anyone use this canon digital program then? Is that any good?

sid

Yes, it's actually a very good app in terms of image quality but is very lacking in terms of features. As I mentioned previously, Lightroom is a good option as you can recreate the camera settings and have them applied as you import the images.

Back