Adobe Bridge Keyword sort problem

Name
Hazel
Edit My Images
No
Firstly, I'm a new gal in town so if I have posted this in the wrong place please forgive!
I've got such a weird Bridge problem that I dont really expect anyone to have the magic answer, but there is so much knowledge here that I thought it worth the go.

When clicking on folder ‘My Pics’ – shows subfolders & few odd shots contained in this folder. The keywords relate to the few shots in this master folder not its sub folders.

When I toggle to ‘click to view all items in this folder and its subfolders’ I get the message on the right hand side ‘No Items to Display’ even though there are subfolders and individual pictures.

Occasionally a message of ‘Indexing ……….” Comes up – whereby it works through the master picture folder and its subfolders and then makes no difference!

The same copy of CS3 / Bridge is installed on my laptop and works fine – i.e. I am able to sort by keywords of a parent folder and all subfolders in that parent folder, or just in the parent folder only, using the toggle feature.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled CS3 / Bridge – no change, except that Bridge now freezes after the ‘No items to Display’ message comes up!

If anyone has had similar problems or could point me in the direction of some knowledge, it would be much appreciated.:(

Not sure of what's happening, however you could try one of the adobe forums.

You don't say what platform you're using

Here's a link to the bridge forum. If you've not been to the Adobe site it may ask you to register. Hope this helps.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bba3d54/

Thanks - I'll try that. I'm using Windows XP on my main PC where the problem is. My laptop has Vista and it works fine there! Aaaagh...........

Try running update from Photoshop. It's under the help menu about half way down. Installing the latest update may help. Also if you know roughly when the problem started you could try a system restore from a point prior to that, just in case something got loaded that screwed up your system

Thank you to everyone who tried to help me with this. Its been a real head banger!

Resorted to technical help at Adobe - no help "Its just not working"

I think this may now be resolved. I had previously had CS2 and Elements and I have uninstalled these + CS3 - deleted other Adobe stuff on my PC and all now seems better. Thanks again - and the morale of this story is - dont let Adobe grind you down! Its fantastic and well worth the effort.:clap:

Back