Adobe Creative Cloud - Monthly Subscription!

Name
James Robertson
Edit My Images
Yes
I was wondering how many people who subscribe monthly to adobe for Creative Cloud, Lightroom, Photoshop etc. Adobe say it’s an annual plan payable monthly! When I went to stop my subscription I was informed I would be billed £54.00 for the unused remainder of the annual subscription! Adobe waived the fee because of the Corona Virus, but I thought I was just on a month to month subscription! People check!

I pay monthly although I did take up an adobe offer which bought the price down for 12 months but that has now finished-I usually miss the black friday deals anyway.

Troutfisher, are you aware that when you go to stop it, if it is not in line with your annual set-up you will be billed for the months you have not used? I.e., say you set up your subscription in March of any year, you are now into another year you you will be billed for the remaining months between and next March!

I was wondering how many people who subscribe monthly to adobe for Creative Cloud, Lightroom, Photoshop etc. Adobe say it’s an annual plan payable monthly! When I went to stop my subscription I was informed I would be billed £54.00 for the unused remainder of the annual subscription! Adobe waived the fee because of the Corona Virus, but I thought I was just on a month to month subscription! People check!

How on earth did you make that mistake? Did you not read what you were signing up too at all? It is very clear that it is a 12 month contract.

Troutfisher, are you aware that when you go to stop it, if it is not in line with your annual set-up you will be billed for the months you have not used? I.e., say you set up your subscription in March of any year, you are now into another year you you will be billed for the remaining months between and next March!

Well all I know is that Adobe were doing an offer which was basically VAT free for 12 months ,£8.32 instead of £9.98 /month.
I rang Adobe and said could I take this offer up.
The lady at Adobe said fine, cancelled my existing set up at £9.98 and started a new one at £8.32 which is what I have been paying for the last 12 months and it has only just gone back to £9.98.

One of the Lightroom plans is described as such
  • Annual plan, prepaid - £119.21/yr incl. VAT
  • Annual plan, paid monthly - £9.98/mo incl. VAT
Its pretty clear to me that you are signing up for a yearly service with the option of paying in 12 convenient monthly instalments.

Yes, I know AndrewC, but do you know when you are gonna want to stop it? I had been with the subscription since 2017, and still when I went to cancel it, because it wasn’t in line with the annual subscription they wanted more money! Took me by surprise, that is all and I wondered if everyone knew what was going on! Sorry I mentioned it!

I had been with the subscription since 2017 said:
I expect you were trying to be helpful, unfortunately some members seem to enjoy pointing out the mistakes of others.

I have not had the need to cancel my subscription, but from your post does it mean you cannot give notice to cancel until towards the end of your existing contract? I was expecting that you could give notice now to cancel a contract that ends in say 6 months.

Brentor, I thought exactly that! When I went to cancel I was informed I would be billed the extra £54.00 for unused months! I was under the impression that if you took out the subscription and used it longer than the 12 months you went from month to month. I started my subscription in 2017, cancelled it this week, so if we say 2 years minimum, that still equates to over £200.00 and at the end of it, what software have I got now? Zilch!

Now you can take their offer during the corona outbreak, Adobe is briefly offering three free months of CC access—but here the one condition, that you've done, already!
Only for existing subscribers, So, You need to have an active Adobe Creative Suite Subscription!

Brentor, I thought exactly that! When I went to cancel I was informed I would be billed the extra £54.00 for unused months! I was under the impression that if you took out the subscription and used it longer than the 12 months you went from month to month. I started my subscription in 2017, cancelled it this week, so if we say 2 years minimum, that still equates to over £200.00 and at the end of it, what software have I got now? Zilch!

You can still use LR. Just not the develop module. A lot of people do just use LR for its DAM, printing etc. So you still may get some use out of the software.

Back