Adobe lightroom help

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I messing around with this to see if its worth using, personally I use bridge and have done for ages as I like the way the files work. ie, its like windows explorer.

Loghtroom is odd though, you have to import everything which is a little annoying...

For example, I have 500 pictures all in folders and subfolders already sorted, now how do I get these into lightroom, without making duplicate versions of the images.

Also, is there a way to import folders including subfolders in one go?

Thanks in advance.

You can tell Lightroom to "import everything at their current location", which basically means Lightroom will leave everything alone (unmoved) and just index (catalog) them.

I think it should do all subfolders in one go as default.

^^ that works well. It's what I've been doing too. I didn't want to move all my existing images from iPhoto so I just imported them this way.

ahha, thanks.

Now if I added some more files to my file system, would I have to add them manually or can I select the whole main folder and update its contents without over writing all the other files

Nevermind I see now.

The next thing is, is there a way to email a photo with a simple action. With Nikkon view and aperture I can high light a picture, click email and it would attach the resized picture into a new email ready to send.

The closest I can see is if you right click the image and choose 'export for email'. That won't email it for you but prepare it for emailing.

Totally agree. It's an integral part of my process now :) iPhoto -> edit external (opens lightroom) -> export straight to photoshop...

pure sex imo.

Nevermind I see now.

The next thing is, is there a way to email a photo with a simple action. With Nikkon view and aperture I can high light a picture, click email and it would attach the resized picture into a new email ready to send.
I use lightroom as my default 'first-edit' post shoots. I find it brilliant for quickly sorting out photos for further detailed manipulation in CS3.
If you are serious about LR - I suggest Scott Kelby's book (he is American and writing style can be a bit annoying - but very, very informative).
"The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) (Paperback) by Scott Kelby (Author) " see Amazon etc
This shows how you can (re: your question) set up email programs to automatically re-size, attach, and open respective email program.

I use lightroom as my default 'first-edit' post shoots. I find it brilliant for quickly sorting out photos for further detailed manipulation in CS3.
If you are serious about LR - I suggest Scott Kelby's book (he is American and writing style can be a bit annoying - but very, very informative).
"The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) (Paperback) by Scott Kelby (Author) " see Amazon etc
This shows how you can (re: your question) set up email programs to automatically re-size, attach, and open respective email program.

Ahh, you couldnt give me a quick runthrough on how to do the email thing?

Ahh, you couldnt give me a quick runthrough on how to do the email thing?

In Library or Develop highlight the image you want to email. Right click to get the sub menu up. Down at the bottom you'll see Export for email.

Click on this and LR will produce a 64K jpeg file for you. You just tell it where you want it saved.

Back