Adobe phishing scam?

Loads of scams like this out there now, getting cleverer though so need to keep alert.

Indeed I got an email supposedly from Microsoft telling me my account had been compromised but similar to Jannyfox I don't have a MS account

Unfortunately folk can get sucked in for a variety of reasons!

But what gets me really riled up is that they(or a sector of the scammers) target those who might be described as more vulnerable.

Without sounding too extreme IMO there is no punishment that is sufficient to strike those scammers with.

I class those that took advantage of the changes to UK pensions law in that category to "game" the unwary into investing their pension pots into entirely inappropriate 'products', with only the 'advisor' coming out with fiscal gain :shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty: and at worst the client losing everything :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Had an email supposedly from Adobe saying my account will expire in 60 days if I don't log on to it. Bit of a giveaway for me as I must be one of the few people in the world that does not have and never has had an Adobe account. I searched Google and it's known about but thought I'd just flag it up.
There’s loads of them going about. If in doubt look at the email address it’s come from, it will always have the company in questions name in the address if it’s legit. They have even started text messaging now. Had one yesterday saying my PayPal account had been locked and to click on the link to enable it again. Suffice to say the link was about as convincing as a nine Bob note. :)

Last edited:
I get a lot of these messages. It's not a problem for me but I worry for elderly people like my parents.

I've seen Netflix and PayPal email scams for quite a while now and do look rather authentic. I suspect they probably have a high chance of success due to potential panic and popularity.

Anyone who genuinely does have an old Adobe account (maybe created a long time ago for a product with a 'perpetual' licence) should log in from time to time (at least annually), or Adobe may decide your account is inactive and delete it. This could (e.g.) prevent you re-installing your software. They do send out emails about this, but rather than trying to work out whether it's a genuine reminder or a phishing attempt, don't click on any links and just go directly to the Adobe site in a browser and log in from there (using password recovery if necessary).

Had an email last week saying they(Microsoft) had noticed I hadn't used my Outlook email for some months and I should click on a link to re-verify it. I hardly need to say I use my Outlook email everyday. I suppose automatic bulk emailing will get to some who haven't used an emaill address for a while and might be tempted to click.

Dave

Back