Adobe Photoshop Elements 11

Name
Keir
Edit My Images
No
I currently use Lightroom 4 but feel I need more control when it comes to processing images. I can't afford full Photoshop, but was advised that Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 was a great package for processing.

I would really appreciate other people's views.

Thanks.

Yep, works for me. I have CS5 on my work laptop but use Elements 95% of the time after Lightroom.

PSE user here - super software.

Hi, Three things (1) download a trial and try it out http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements&loc=en_gb
(2) I am not 100% sure but I believe that Adobe are doing away with the option to buy PS CS and CS7 when it comes will be through the creative cloud and is not to far away from being released so it maybe worth waiting to see if they release an upgrade on PSE 11 that will continue as now, on disc.(3) There are many other options to Adobe out there so don't be tempted to rush in have a look at OnOne and Corel. All JMO
Russ

PS,

Photoshop Elements 12 – Should be released around Monday September 23, 2013.
Photoshop Elements 11 – This version (the current on) was released on September 24, 2012.
Photoshop Elements 10 – Became available on September 19, 2011.
Photoshop Elements 9 – Was released at the end of September of 2010.
Photoshop Elements 8 – Was released in September back in 2009.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your replies. I will have a go with the trial and see how that goes!

I got PSE11 on the day it was reduced by £25 on Amazon a while ago. The day it went on offer was the day after my 30 day trial had ended so I jumped at the chance to get it. No regrets, it's got a great range of features from a beginner to expert and loads in between.

Just be aware though, Adobe have just come up with a monthly rental scheme for various products, though I'm not sure PSE11 is included in that, so if you continuously it might end upcosting much more in the long run that the £50-60 that's being charged for the full program now, so it might be a 'grab it while you can' sort of thing.

I have used elements 7 then 9 currently on 2 computers and 10 on my third computer.

Great program and easy to use

Realspeed

We've got elements and it works very well for us.

Certainly recommend it - get 11 if it's on offer, or wait for a month oro so and see what 12 brings...

I currently use Lightroom 4 but feel I need more control when it comes to processing images. I can't afford full Photoshop, but was advised that Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 was a great package for processing.

I would really appreciate other people's views.

Thanks.
Keir,

What exactly do you need more control of?
What do you feel you can't do in LR, what is "missing"?

Until you answer those for yourself, you won't know what you need.

For example, for my needs, LR does 99% of my PP. For "straight" processing my images, I do it ALL in LR - YMMV.

I only move to another program after RAW processing if I need to do some pixel-stretching effects (although Clone/Heal in LR4 is not the greatest, but will be better in LR5). I only do this relatively rarely, so can't justify the cost of Photoshop. I actually use the GIMP for this, I don't run a production shop, or need to print very large, so the 8-bit (current version) is not an issue for me. 16 & 32-bit is coming, so I'm prepared to wait, and work around the 8-bit "limitations" (seriously, it's not a limitation if you do all your curve/level processing first non-destructively in LR - it's multiple use of these tools on 8-bit in GIMP that causes the degradation - and you're not a pixel-peeper).

HTH.

Les.

Last edited:
Back