Adobe photoshop numpty problem

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks, I have started rekindling my interest in photography and after updating my Adobe photoshop and playing around with the latest edition I find camera raw stuck on this setting and can not return it to the initial camera raw setting, I have tried hitting "done" "cancel" and "open" and it is still there even if I close and reopen photoshop :runaway:. I have tried hitting ctrl-k while opening photoshop but it will not open where I can reset the preferences.

Please help :help:Capturephotoshop1.JPG

Sorry , i dont think i understand, the question,
but that view of ACR looks normal to me
click on the cog top right for preferences
or the line of text bottom middle...... AdobeRGB etcetc

Thanks for that Ray, I have found preferences but I can not find an option there to reset them, I have upgraded from the 2018 version !..... and never had a problem resetting them until now.

I think we are struggling to understand what it is you don't like. Is it the two images?

Sorry if I am not making myself understood, hope this makes sense, when I open a different shot in camera raw it opens in the above settings/filters not the initial camera raw settings.

In the right hand toolbar - click the three horizontal dots. You can reset from there.

I was hoping resetting preferences would allow me to open the raw image in the basic camera raw page.

If you are talking about the editing tools on the righthand side then the camera raw window opens with the last settings used. So if the last tool you used was COLOR GRADING, the next time you open camera raw COLOR GRADING will be open.
Cheers I think we are singing from the same hymn sheet now and can now make myself clear and talk the language thanks to your reply :). Whenever I have found myself lost in photoshop I have simply reset my preferences, I have now managed to do that but it is still opening in colour grading as you say, all I am trying to do is simply open another raw image in the basic camera raw editing tools.

This is so frustrating for me:help:, I simply want the next image I open in camera raw to open in the basic editing tools not in colour grading ?

I have now managed to do that but it is still opening in colour grading as you say, all I am trying to do is simply open another raw image in the basic camera raw editing tools.
Click on the Basic tab on the right side to open that panel, then close camera raw... next time it opens it will be with the Basic panel active.

Thanks Steven I have clicked on the basic tab (above curves ? ) but I am prevented from closing down camera raw after doing that ?.
After all this I will stick to what I know best and remain in the basic raw editing tools !

Last edited:
Sorted :) many thanks for the help and advice, I have been sat here most of the evening pulling my hair out, not helped by the fact that my 16gb lappy has been throttling my speed down due to it overheating as it need the fans cleared of dust.

If you right click on the editing options e.g. Basic you can have single panel mode which minimises the ones you aren't using - so you generally don't need scroll down even with a smaller.
Responsive lets you have more than one open.
I thought you were worried about so much of the screen taken up by giant thumbnall which I don't have but might not be on same version.

Back