Adobe

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
Sorry to ask what may be stupid questions.

I am going to try the lightroom trial and if happy may look to buy a years plan to see how I get on.

Is this the correct plan on Amazon?

I currently have a windows laptop, which was purchased for a different purpose. Whilst it's fine for now, consensus seems to be that MACs are the way forward (currently) with their new M chips.

If I do purchase this Adobe plan can I install it on my laptop and if / when I get a MAC use it on the MAC also? I know I can with the affinity package I have.

Again sorry for the stupid questions but I am really not great with tech / IT related matters (it's why I pay an external team for my company lol).

Many thanks.
Adam

Last edited:
Sorry to ask what may be stupid questions.

I am going to try the lightroom trial and if happy may look to buy a years plan to see how I get on.

Is this the correct plan on Amazon?

I currently have a windows laptop, which was purchased for a different purpose. Whilst it's fine for now, consensus seems to be that MACs are the way forward (currently) with their new M chips.

If I do purchase this Adobe plan can I install it on my laptop and if / when I get a MAC use it on the MAC also? I know I can with the affinity package I have.

Again sorry for the stupid questions but I am really not great with tech / IT related matters (it's why I pay an external team for my company lol).

Many thanks.
Adam
That is the correct plan, but try to hold off until "Prime Day" or "Black Friday", as there are good deals to be had. You can also stack the licence.

I`m not too sure though, if you can use it on 2 computers, and I seriously doubt, both Mac, and PC.

That is the correct plan, but try to hold off until "Prime Day" or "Black Friday", as there are good deals to be had. You can also stack the licence.

I`m not too sure though, if you can use it on 2 computers, and I seriously doubt, both Mac, and PC.
The deals also appear at other times during the year - typically the bundle gets discounted to ~£70-£80.
If you sign up to the plan directly with Adobe, the cost is taken month by month - and at any point you can then add the code from the Amazon bundle for 1yrs credit, any payments pause until the credit is used up.

Definitely look out for the Amazon promotions - they do seem to happen quite a few times a year. Add it to your Amazon basket - then save it for later - then each time you go to your basket to buy something else, if the price has changed it'll give you a notification. You can install the software on as many computers as you want, but you can only be logged in to two at a time. If you are already logged into two, and try to log into a third, you'll get a message asking you which system you want to log out of, in order to log in. Pretty easy and straightforward.

You can, you're allowed to install LR and LR Classic on two computers, as well as use the mobile apps on, I think, an unlimited number of mobile devices (as the mobile app can only be synced to one catalog). I don't think Adobe care whether its two W10 PCs, two Macs or a combination of the two. It just says two computers.

I have the 1Tb plan. I have LR installed on my W10 laptop. My dad uses the LR Classic part of the subscription on his W10 PC (he doesn't use any of the cloud syncing). I also have the mobile app installed on my iPad Pro and my Pixel 6.

There's nothing to stop you having LR and LR Classic installed on both computers allowed by the licence.

Back