Daily Adow2's 365 for 2014

No.74 of 365.

Spent a few hours on New Brighton beach with the family today. We all enjoyed playing on the Black Pearl; it's a pirate ship being constructed by volunteers out of drift and reclaimed wood found along the shoreline and donated for the project. This is the 3rd ship, no.1 was burnt down by vandals, no.2 was wrecked by a storm. This one looks like it's being built to last! Great project and really nice guys building it!

View attachment 7748

Really love your chrysanthemums and the ladybird, I do feel however it looks a little lost with all the undergrowth. The wheel is superb lovely composition and great colours in the sky very well captured (y)
Thank you Mandy! I was worried about the same thing with the ladybird shot! I got a lot closer with other shots but missed the focus on them, didn't realise how much til I uploaded them in the evening. Would like to do more macro shots but I'll have to invest in a macro lens rather than try ham-hand it! :)

Thanks for looking :)

Beautiful owl, i have noticed with some images they seem to look a bit yucky. That's why i like to view the images on FLICKR as i don't seem to get any problems viewing on there.
I thinks it prob due to compression issues. I tend to upload to Flickr the original upload direct from iPhoto. But then I save the image on my iPhone to upload to here using the TP app. I'll start uploading to here from direct from Flickr on my iMac. :)

No.83 of 365.

The impossible.....catching rainbows.... Really not sure either way with this shot, I liked the idea as soon as I saw the rainbow made on the wall from the sun shining through the window. The original didn't work that well, so I did the selective colouring, boosted contrast levels, and clarity. Originally it was in landscape so I rotated to portrait. Unfortunately it was rushed hence the cropping of fingers.... I've just done over 12 hours in work so haven't much choice about re-shooting did my photo of the day..... Just off to get something to eat and drink!

View attachment 8309

Back