NSFW Adventures with low light film

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
First time I've properly used a film camera in nearly 30 years... I even managed to get some in focus. Which was tricky given the low light, backlight, flare & my inexperience.
I must have looked at the back of the camera at least half a dozen times when shooting this one film.

Olympus OM1(n), 50mm f1.8, 1/30s-1/60s, Ilford Delta 3200, 8 tungsten 40 w bulbs, developed by Ilford.

All as they came off the scanner:

4616006 (Medium).JPG 4616020 (Medium).JPG 4616004 (Medium).JPG 4616012 (Medium).JPG

I prefer the connection in the fourth.
Interesting shots :)

1,3 and 4 would look good side by side.

Did you enjoy the experience?

Nicely done.
I like 2 and 3 for the mood. The period type styling really works well with the b&w film.

I just shot some portraits on film too. Getting them in focus is a challenge, but I find it's easier on my Olympus OM20 than on the Pentax Spotmatic as the viewfinder is better.

Shooting film is certainly good for making you slow down to make sure you don't waste film. What was your "keeper" rate?

Hats off to you! Great pics, and from film?? Well it's much more difficult then I thoght! Great set of images!

I really like 2 and 3, capturing the moment style shots... Like what you've done with the lighting on the second... Don't know why but as far as location goes, it reminds me like behind the scenes at a performers circus or similar...

Thanks folks, apologies for my tardy reply. It was fun - if expensive - and I will do it again, but I don't think it'll every be a major part of my work. I'm not sure it really made me slow down - other than to focus - but I've slowed down a fair bit recently anyway. I probably had 20 usable shots from the 36, but only 5 or so which I genuinely like. The main problem was focusing; it was really tricky with the flare from the backlights in the viewfinder.

Well if you do it again, be sure to share mate, I'd be more then pleased with the shots you've shown us!

Back