Advertising my services( or how to)

Name
Ann
Edit My Images
No
hi all

I have a sneaky feeling my job is going down the pan, so would like to get out before it does. I have thought about advertising my services ( oo err missis) instead of just looking for a job. Has anyone got any ideas of where to start.
I'm looking for secretarial work.
It's a long time since I have done this sort of thing, and I'm a it out of touch.

Thanks all

Get your CV out to recruitment agencies explaining why, detail your skills etc and what you are looking for. Lots of people are placed through agencies nowadays.

There are various online places you can place your CV, but these can obviously be seen easily by your current employer.

A decent profile on linked might help - an agency or employer is highly likely to look for it there and also lots of agencies fill their databases with data from there.

Have you thought about temping until you get a permanent job or become self employed?

There are loads of companies advertising for temps.

Advertising in local magazines (our local Edinburgh one is Connect) is worthwhile. In my line of work I get enough work to cover advertising costs and spare :)
Universities (and quite often need secretarial work done. Worth a try.

Apart from that, try going around to local businesses like garages, accountants and so on. Presenting yourself is half the battle. It shows you are willing.

Back