Advice and Info required.

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all..

I am in the throws of trying to decide on my next purchase which will be a 18 to 200 optically stabilized len's.

I am looking at either the Sigma or the Nikon... The sigma being £100 cheaper than the Nikon it is shining quite bright at the moment, however I was wondering if there are owners of either lenses on the forum who could give me their views on both lenses and maybe post some samples for me to view.

I would like this lens to replace my 18 to 70 Nikon and 24 to 120 VR I have at the moment.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

nigel.

Steve

Many thanks very useful site that got to be a link to keep.

Regards

Nigel.

I bought the Nikon 18-200 last spring and it’s hardly ever off the camera, I think it’s the DBs for general photography, a day out walking where you don’t want a bag full of kit to hump around with you.
Here are some shots I took using it; there is some cropping and general enhancement been applied the one of the statue was taken from the car window, we were traveling at about 50mph, looking at the time taken over the set I rattled of 14 shots in 9 secs, this is probably the best one, and I have cloned some power cables out and dodged and burned for effect. They were taken in RAW and developed in PS CS2.

Black-country-statue.jpg

Julia-and-Marks-wedding-_51.jpg

Mousehole.jpg

Vulture1.jpg

I dont own either but can add my 2cent..

Nikon lenses are great and normally there is huge difference in price between a Nikon lens and the equivilant copy and there is a good reason for this..

Nikon lenses are about as good as they get! (apart from the 18-135 which is a big bag of poo) I would pay the extra £100 for the real deal, i currently have 2 Sigma lenses, the 24-70 2.8 and the 70-300apo, although they are good copies and give lovley results, if the Nikon equivilents werent so expensive i would be rockin those instead!

*Edit* Just seen the pics from Rhodese - Lovley shots! i think i need to get one of these also!

Back