Advice for 1st Purchase

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
After many years I've decided its now or never to get a decent camera so here I go; If I said I have £400-500 to spend what would be the recommendation.

Intended subjects would be children playing, landscapes and some wildlife.

Doing a bit of looking and so far the 450d seems to catch my eye, but then get another lens for zoom work.

I know there are some good deals in the FS forums but I can't post in them yet, even though all I'd like to do is buy.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Hi there and welcome to TP,

Firstly you can post in the FS section if you are buying however you can not start a thread until 30 days/ 100 posts has been reached.

Best bit of advice is to get out and hold the different types of camera to find out which suits you best. Rememeber that all of the lower end DSLR's will take decent photos once you learn enough about them.

Don't also forget that it a system you are buying into so there are many things to think of such as other lenses, flash, battery grips etc that all need to be considered when you are looking.

Good luck (y)

Nick

Ohhhh thanks, I read the bit at the top of the FS as any posts - hmm moust read more diligently - then again it was midnight when I was last reading it :bonk:

I understand the bit about going out and holding them, but its what do I go and look for rather than just randomly pick up cameras not knowing what they are or what I am looking for.

No worries - it takes a bit of reading sometimes does the rules :thinking:.

What you are looking for in handling the different cameras is the one that feels right to hold, that has menues and buttons that work for you. I was certain that I was going to get a Canon and then I had a try of one and it felt wrong. Tried the Nikon and it just felt right.

It is difficult to say what you are looking for but I think when you find one that you are happy with you will understand :shrug::shrug:

Although it is probably (don't shoot me) better to stick with either Canon or Nikon don't discount the offerings of others such as Olympus, Sony, and Pentax.

Back