Beginner Advice for a Novice

FSV

Name
Blaine
Edit My Images
Yes
I purchased my camera last year but have only really recently got round to using it. I have found that I really do enjoy it and want to learn as much as I can. What I would like to know is if anybody can recommend a good online qaulification that I can possibly do?

At the moment I seem to be doing mainly landscape photography. However I would like to get an experience in it all if that is actually possible.

I am on my laptop at the minute and my pics are on my desktop PC so I can't upload examples. I have however created a Facebook page so that I can document my progress as I go as I think it will be good to look back and hopefully see how my images have got better.

Any advice with any aspects will be greatly appreciated

Tracking your progress as you go is definitely a good idea, maybe think about starting a thread on here too - perhaps in the projects section (or landscapes if that's currently your thing).
You'll get a lot more support and feedback that way - many people here won't click through to Facebook.

I'm not sure about online qualifications as such, but there are literally thousands of tutorials on every aspect of photography if you Google around or even take a look at the tutorials section here on TP.
Your local colleges may offer beginner's photography courses too.
For me personally though, the best resource I found was posting here, getting feedback and then trying to put it into practice.

I have had a look about the net on this as well, but I think personally the best "course" to do initially is get out with your gear and start learning it from your own point of view, not what any course is telling you. Get a feel for it, use it, getting good or bad shots does not matter, I am trying to learn this myself. I have only just started with mine, and up to now I have posted 3 pics on here, but deleted a lot more! Trial and error.

I'm was in the same sort of situation a while back, I took advice, read some good books, and get out shooting. See what you enjoy then learn how to improve that by uploading pictures and accepting some of the useful critique. :)

Fsv, is the reasoning behind the "qualification" to learn and understand as well as personal progression or will you actually need the qualification later on?

If it's just for you then there's plenty of sound advice already been given and the only thing i'd say get out , practice and enjoy. When you're not sure ask or research on line, at the beginning it can seem at bit technical but truthfully beyond your own vision there's only three variables; shutter, aperature and iso. Understand these and the rest is down to you.;)

Back