Advice needed

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Someone I know has asked me to take a portrait of them. Also one with their pet dog.
Equipment I have is Canon 550d, 2 x Elinchrom d-lite 4's. 18-50mm and 55-250mm. I have access to a 50mm 1.4 which I may have to use. I don't yet have a backdrop of sorts but I have gotten away with using and old cine film stand which is black one side and white the other. I have taken a few of friends and family using this set up but any advice would be appreciated here. I will be setting up in his living room (which I'm assured is large). No other lights available other than built in flash. I have a reflector too to hand along with bed sheets although I may invest in a huge black one. Until I win the lottery and can start building up my equipment this is all I have so lighting tips here would help me out big time. I was thinking along the lines of a low key shot as they appear to be easier to achieve with this setup so long as I have enough distance behind my subject with the dark side of my projector screen in the background.

Back