Beginner Advice - Nikon AF-S 35mm DX lens

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Good morning,

I'm after some advice please, I have a Nikon D5300 with a 18-55 AF-P kit lens and I mainly shoot landscapes....badly..but I'm Learning. Would I notice a difference in my images overall by using a 35mm prime lens over the kit lens?

Thanks in advance
Simon

The kit lens, providing you have got a nice sharp copy is extremely good. The 35mm is sharper and and has better glass in general, but you might find it a limiting focal length for landscapes. I had both and ended up taking the kit lens out a lot more than the 35 - I found it either not wide enough or not long enough. So in short, Image quality - maybe/probably. Usefulness - not so much.

That all being said, primes are fun, good for learning composition and great once you know what you need them for.

Last edited:
Primes are great. Aside from the benefits of better IQ and weight, it really does make you think more, as you cant simply zoom. You do look at ways you can get the image despite the 'restriction' of focal length.

Thank you. Sorry, I've just noticed I've asked the same question before:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back