advice nikon lenses

Name
Shaun
Edit My Images
Yes
im looking for a new lens for my nikon....

i want some thing for studio and close up

im think 20 40mm

it must b f2.8 but im not sure all the diferent lens are (ie DG / AF -D etc)

can any one advise me on this please

thaks ill look over that so what sort of lens, would you guys advise i get then? 17-55 f2.8

i considered this lens for my d90, but thinking forward i went for the 24-70 f2.8. due to the fact that it's a FX lens for full frame should i take the plunge in a few years time.

Also the fact that it fits snug between my 10-24mm and 70-300.

If you're not planning to move to full frame in the near future, I can highly recommend the 17-55. I find it pretty much welded to my camera at the moment.

i considered this lens for my d90, but thinking forward i went for the 24-70 f2.8. due to the fact that it's a FX lens for full frame should i take the plunge in a few years time.

Also the fact that it fits snug between my 10-24mm and 70-300.

I'd be really interested to hear how you find this lens on a DX sensor, I was looking to purchase a used one and the seller, said it would be wasted on a DX camera, therefore i backed away to learn a little more.

Rob.

Me too..?

I'd be really interested to hear how you find this lens on a DX sensor, I was looking to purchase a used one and the seller, said it would be wasted on a DX camera, therefore i backed away to learn a little more.

Rob.

i dont have it yet, i'm waiting for it to be posted. i've seen awesome photo's from the d300. i cant understand why it would be wasted on a cropped sensor. 24-70mm is very useable. i did have a play with my kit lens keeping it between 24 and 70 and though it would suit me fine.i've had a good look round flickr and there are some cracking images from this lens.

its a very heavy lens though. If i dont like it i will move it on at no great loss.

My experience is limited though and i stand by to be corrected.

Al

Rob.

I suspect what he meant was that it may be a little long for a dx sensor, a lot if people find this, although I wouldn't be with out a 24-70 I find it an excellent range for a dx sensor. If he did mean what he said I would suspect a little bit of envy. Why was he selling anyway you have to wonder:thinking:

He didn't in the end, deceided he couldn't be without it :thinking:, or maybe it was a feeler to see what interest there was in it.

If i recall correctly, was to help with a pending venture.

Rob.

The Nikon is great but pricey. If you're after a reliable f/2.8 mid-range lens then have a look that the Tamron 17-50mm f/.2.8 Di; great lens, compact and cheap - about £200 used and £250 new. I use one for a lot of stuff and it's the nuts.

Have a look here

Here's one I shot earlier with it...

4092401729_5955e72f64.jpg

Certainly another option the tamron. I quite like shooting evening events, 18th & 21st so could be a option. Think a trip to Calumet in order to have a play.

Nice crisp images by the way.

Rob.

Back