Advice on a bridge camera for my girlfriend.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Hi all just after some advice on choosing a camera for my girlfriend. The one were favouring at the mo is the Nikon L820 and just wondering what is peoples opinion on this camera.
She also would consider other cameras including older models if people could suggest any be great. What she is looking for in spec wise and money wise are; Zoom off 20x and over, price range up to 150 quid, 16mp possibly, small bridge camera size to carry in the hand bag and small, light to hold and use. The fps is also a good factor.

Thanks

Don't know much about either the Nikon or the Panasonic, but the one thing I would suggest, is to get the same make as you've already got (or are at least very familiar with).

Obviously I don't know how good your girlfriend is with photography already, but the one thing I hate, is someone trying to show you how to use something, then them finding halfway through that that don't actually know how to do it themselves because "oh, this is a panasonic, I've only used Nikon" and then they spend 10 minutes trying to figure it out by which time you've lost interest.

Ok so obviously some of the features will be different, or not as comprehensive on a bridge to a dslr but just a thought.

just purchased a bridge camera for the wife having sold the canon 1000D and 2 lenses she had.
got the Fuji HS30EXR for £121. ( second hand but only 2 months old )
might be a little big for handbag use but i would def look at the fuji range and consider the SL1000 which can be picked up a little over your budget for £169 and has had rave reviews

http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/digital-cameras/super-zoom-bridge/model/finepix-sl1000/

availble new on ebay from UK vendor for £169 free delivery

Back