Advice on Elements 7 please

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening All,

Being a total novice where computers are concerned I am struggling with my
newly purchased elements 7 and was hoping someone could recommened a
good 'idiots guide' to mastering the different processes.

I have checked out a few other threads on this section with some success -
the Adobe-Help site looks quite promising - so is this my best bet or are there any books or dvd's out there aimed at a total 'no-nothing' !!!!!

Apologies in advance if you all see this and think 'NOT AGAIN' but I am getting
very frustrated with my feeble efforts.

Thanks for your help,

Paul

Scott Kelby's book on PSE7 comes out next month. His previous books are excellent.
I have PSE7 and his book on PSE6.

Just be cautious when you buy a book. I have been suckered twice buying books on PSE7 in that they did not make any mention of RAW files.

Avoid "Teach Yourself Visually Elements 7".
I forget the name of the other one. Threw it out a while ago.

Make sure you see the contents to be sure it covers Camera RAW.

I take it you know there is an option in E7 where is will guide you through basic editing with on screen prompts.

Another vote for scott kelby books excellent, and very easy to follow, get the photoshop elements 7 book HERE

Another vote for scott kelby books excellent, and very easy to follow, get the photoshop elements 7 book HERE

That's at a very good price.

Any idea if there is enough new in Elements 7 over Element 6 to make it worth getting that book?

You are correct about Kelby being easy to follow and his instructions are based on hands on experience.

That's at a very good price.

Any idea if there is enough new in Elements 7 over Element 6 to make it worth getting that book?

You are correct about Kelby being easy to follow and his instructions are based on hands on experience.

I went from E5 to E7 as i wouldn't upgrade every year, i don't see the point unless you use it for work, i've only just got the E7 book so early days but Matt Kloskowski is in also involved in E7, so i'm sure there are a few changes :)

Many thanks for all your replys chaps, looks like I have some reading to do.

ARCLIGHT - if you mean the basic 'guided edit', then yes that was what I
tried, so hopefully with a bit more practice and lots of reading I will improve.

Thanks again,

Back