Advice on lens hood/remote controller

Edit My Images
Yes
Going to order the 50mm f/1.8 for my 400d. Looking for a good lens hood as the deal for the 1 provided (on amazon) is rubbish (According ton reviews). Am also wondering if its worth purchasing a remote controller for my camera? I am ordering a £25 tripod so unsure on how stable it is but anyway, cheers for any advice!

Doesn't the 50mm come with a lens hood then?

When you say remote controller, do you mean a remote shutter release, or something more ambitious for multi exposures, time lapse etc.?

Doesn't the 50mm come with a lens hood then?

When you say remote controller, do you mean a remote shutter release, or something more ambitious for multi exposures, time lapse etc.?

Don't think it does come with one, only because on amazon they have a seperate deal where it includes one but apparently its rubbish. I ment a remote shutter release but don't think i'll bother. I have never used one before but i I wanted to a long exposure shot, I'd need an expensive 1 wouldnt i?

For long exposure shots with non moving subjects you can always use the self timer to release the shutter without touching the camera with the risk of inducing camera shake.

For other stuff where you have a fairly slow shutter speed - portraits for example, you really need to pick the decisive moment to release the shutter, so a basic release is pretty essential in that situation. It doesn't need to be an expensive one.

Back