Advice on my photo please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani Sparkles

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I take all my own photos, if not I will say so but they are not many of those. I would like advice on me and my photo please. I love black and whites but not sure on the shadowing. You can change it and see if you can improve it if you like andnlet me know what you did and let me know any tips or if anything stands out please. Thanks Dani xxB&W.jpg

It's a nice pose and composition Dani.

My suggestions would be to;

Crop on from the right a touch, to get rid of that metal rail.

Increase your exposure or lighting as it looks too dark.

I'd be tempted to remove the lace from the chair you are sitting on too, it draws attention away from you.

You are sat right on the edge of the frame, is this already cropped as I'd add just a touch more dead space to the left of the image. Just be careful with cropping over joints, it's something to avoid.

Your highlights on your hair could be lifted a little.

Do you have Lightroom?

Good effort though. I can't edit at the moment I'm away from my machine. If no one else has piped up, I'll try it later.

Last edited:
Hi Dani, Its a very low resolution image to start with - so really hard to make changes

I have to agree with all of the comments above- it's under exposed ( not enough light) and very noisy- Google "digital noise" for a full explanation :D

Heres a quick edit i did using Curves in Photoshop CC - could do a lot better with a larger high resolution image or RAW file

Z2sUbiJ.jpg

Les ;):sony:

Hey Dani,

The photo you've taken already demonstrates the importance of light in photography. It looks like it was taken in a cave or something with very little light. Next time try standing next to a window and see how much that one simple thing improves the quality of your photos.

Post more, ask for feedback, follow photographers work you love, take more photos, post more, ask for more feedback.... If you're even slightly inclined you can improve massively in a relatively short period of time.

A word of warning though - many of the people here are older than you and will take time out of their day to help you - so make sure you listen and don't throw your toys out the pram. It's happened many times before and it's soul destroying to watch someone ask for help then dismiss what you say when you've been shooting longer than that persons been alive!

And welcome... Happy shooting ;)

Some great points by Adam, listen to critisism and if you don't agree try and understand what viewpoint it's coming from it'll only help you grow as a photographer.

Practice, practice, practice that's the best advice I was given.

I just looked at your profile and it says you are using a Sony Cybershot. Nothing wrong with that, but you will need to make some compromises to compensate. This will probably be why your image is grainy.

As I said above, and others have too, until you upgrade your camera (and there is no rush to do so) try and shoot to its strengths. I would always try and find as much natural light as you can.

Just be aware that in anything other than bright light, you will probably end up with some noise in your photos. Having the tripod will keep your images focused, so that's good.

For now, I would suggest you just keep shooting and shooting, and concentrate on composition and posing your subjects.

You have made a great start, so keep it up.

Hi everyone and thank you soo soo much I really appreciate you helping me this is why I joined. I know my camera is not great but I love using it and it is all I have for now. I tried the moody dark effect but totally agree it is too dark. I will never complain about criticism to my photos thats why I am posting them here to get advice and to get better so I will keep posting hope thats ok. Dani xx

Hi gremlin i am using Microsoft Photo Gallery and Picture Manager are these good? or can you recommend me any others that I can get for free please? Any help would be cool I need all the support I can get as you can tell! Dani xx

I take all my own photos, if not I will say so

To admin here, this quote is in fact a blatant lie. What he (not a typo there) means is yes he took these photos from a swedish girl's blog to pass off as his own.
I'm admin on https://www.photography-forum.org and this person has been posting the same images and making the exact same pretence.
When I called him out on it on this thread (which carries a link to the real source of the images):
https://www.photography-forum.org/threads/smiling-and-light.140294/#post-1711339
he removed his fake bio (now replaced for record) and avatar picture, and I see has done the same here. I suspect you won't be seeing him again.

Just thought yourselves and the membership here should know, to not waste any more time helping this sad faker.

FYI, here is the same thread as here on PFO, with a link to the exact source image seen in this thread:
https://www.photography-forum.org/threads/b-w-shot.140191/

Last edited:
Fantastic work rumbling this sad creature. I particularly enjoyed how you kept them enticed whilst the puzzle unfolded :)

:)
He didn't give me much fun really, once I mentioned Maltese he was off like a rocket.
He pretended to be a girl from Malta, in fact he was here doing it too, I think you guys tipped us off that time, turns out he was stalking the first girl he was pretending to be, and when challenged over it came clean!

If Marcel wants to know how we sussed him, I am happy to share in PM, as I expect he will try again!

Last edited:
Admin Note :

It's been confirmed that the member @Dani Sparkles is not who they say they are.
It's believed it's a man, posing as a young woman on photography forums, posting provocative pictures and pretending to be a female photography novice.
Account has been banned, and all threads locked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back