Advice on tripod, head & equip for a beginner

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,

Beginner here looking for advice on a 'head' and tripod for taking footage of my local football club for YouTube.

I'm a novice so not really sure what I need but I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ200 with a top range SD Card so far. That's it.

So, I need to be able to plan and track but nothing super flashy. I'm just starting out so entry level gear would be fine.

Any recommendations? I'm happy to get a tripod of approx my height but it's the head unit and moveability I'm not clear on.

I have one of these https://www.wexphotovideo.com/manfrotto-xpro-video-monopod-mvh500ah-1609554/ bought second hand from a shop on eBay.

It is a bit more moveable than a tripod, so you can move around the pitch easier.

What ever you choose you will need a decent fluid head, don't go eBay cheap, you are better off buying a second hand reputable brand.
THank you for the tip.

Forgive my ignorance, but the comes as part of the unit you linked to? If I was to find one like that on ebay then it's good to go, just thread it onto the Lumix?

I've actually got one of these, in fact I have two so might sell one. I used them to video dressage tests, as @Tdes comments, they are very good and better than a fixed monopod or tripod for range of movement.
There are good video reviews on You Tube that'll help you.

thank you for the advice - much appreciated.

If you do decide to sell, potential buyer here!

I'll get pics sorted this afternoon

You say quote " a top range SD Card " unquote but you don't mention make or MB/s or GB No good having say a 125GB card if the MB/s is slow, your camera will stall if doing long bust shots until the buffer clears

Back