Advice on using images

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
Just looking for some advice.

I watch a lot of non league / grassroots football and a few years ago started taking my camera to games. Nothing serious as it just enhanced my enjoyment of attending games, however over time I think I’ve become a better photographer and my photos have regularly been used by non league clubs in their match day programmes. I have not received any money for this as most clubs at the level I watch are skint and I see it as giving something back to the game ( in the same way volunteers do at clubs).

Recently, I have been approached by the FA for permission use some of my images. As I said, I’m not in this for the money but it doesn’t feel right to allow their use for nothing as they are a large commercial organisation and my preferred approach would be if they use them would be for them to make a donation to a charity. My question is that if they are willing to make a donation, what should I look out for in respect of their use ? Should we agree on some terms on how they use them etc ?

This is all new to me and any guidance would be appreciated.

Just looking for some advice.

I watch a lot of non league / grassroots football and a few years ago started taking my camera to games. Nothing serious as it just enhanced my enjoyment of attending games, however over time I think I’ve become a better photographer and my photos have regularly been used by non league clubs in their match day programmes. I have not received any money for this as most clubs at the level I watch are skint and I see it as giving something back to the game ( in the same way volunteers do at clubs).

Recently, I have been approached by the FA for permission use some of my images. As I said, I’m not in this for the money but it doesn’t feel right to allow their use for nothing as they are a large commercial organisation and my preferred approach would be if they use them would be for them to make a donation to a charity. My question is that if they are willing to make a donation, what should I look out for in respect of their use ? Should we agree on some terms on how they use them etc ?

This is all new to me and any guidance would be appreciated.

Just ask what they are willing to pay..

I had a photo of an old Sheffield United player in a couple of papers the other week, just told them to pay me the standard rate and got a remittance through for over £100, so I was happy as the photos were never going to be used for anything else, in fact they were going to be deleted but my mate had a copy of them and asked if they could use them :beer:

Back