Advice please firing a Lencarta safari 600 using a Sony A7III

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
I have this old Lencarta safari 600 that I can trigger with a Yongnou triigger and receiver that I, use to use with a Canon camera. With the Sony A7III I cant use a shutter speed higher then 125 though
any advice on what I could buy to trigger the safari with a fast shuuter speed. I know its old but for the amount of time, I use it.it does the job, if I could shoot a bit faster.

Attachments

• 1656706480316.jpg
    1656706480316.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 1656706523447.jpg
    1656706523447.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 9
I think that theoretically at least, your camera can sync at 1/160th with a non-Sony camera, using the rear shutter only.

So, it might work at 1/60th, which isn't much of an improvement over 1/125th, but that seems to be the limit. The problem seems to be with the camera, not with the radio trigger.

I think you can? Having looked at some other Sony / Godox setups. What trigger do you have/ plan to buy?

Hi Garry hope you are shooting lots clays thank you for your advice.

Hi Phil not long seen your comment and soon as I read it you got me thinking, I went and check my Neewer N1Ts trigger and receiver. The receiver didn't have a a pc sync port, but the trigger did so connected it up with a long sync cable and to the Safari 600 and had no trouble firing the flash . I stopped changing the shutter speed after 1/1000 as I don't need it any faster. Thanks Phil as you got me thinking with your comment. it's not a wireless option but that not to much of a problem.

Attachments

• Neewer N1T s trigger pc sync cable.jpg
    Neewer N1T s trigger pc sync cable.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 1
Back