Advice re reasonably priced monitor

Edit My Images
No
I have just upgraded from my Mac Mini and so looking for a larger monitor. I have been using my Apple Cinema screen for many years so am completely out of touch with the current monitors that are available.

There are several below £200 that appear to get very favourable reviews but can anyone recommend something up to this level that would be good enough for image editing / viewing photos? Ideally I'd like to go for a 27 inch screen.

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a HANNS-G 27" Wide Screen LED monitor only paid about £120 for it a few years ago. No complaints and easily good enough for photo work.

Edit My Images
No
IMO aim to get one that has an IPS panel of your aim is to calibrate it and have close to 100% sRGB and as close to 100% aRGB,.......most/all of the Dell ones are!

Bear in mind the nearer you get to £100 the likelihood is that it will be TN screen and though will look nice is not best in class for image editing and colour accuracy.

Do brands wise ~ Dell, BenQ are worthy of your attention.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
You will not get a decent 27" monitor for under £200. The old saying is buy cheap, buy twice, get the best you can afford and then add some more cash to the kitty. Ideally you want a 2 or 4K model in this day and age, I had a 1080p monitor a couple of years ago and the difference between that and a 2K monitor is like chalk and cheese.

As others have said, for photo editing you will want something close to 100% sRGB and Adobe RGB, the Dells have a very good reputation (i have two) but others seem to like the Benq's.

OP
OP
daveproctor
Edit My Images
No
You will not get a decent 27" monitor for under £200. The old saying is buy cheap, buy twice, get the best you can afford and then add some more cash to the kitty. Ideally you want a 2 or 4K model in this day and age, I had a 1080p monitor a couple of years ago and the difference between that and a 2K monitor is like chalk and cheese.

As others have said, for photo editing you will want something close to 100% sRGB and Adobe RGB, the Dells have a very good reputation (i have two) but others seem to like the Benq's.
That's a very fair comment and my concern was that the prices seemed too cheap to be getting the reviews that I have read. I may look for a good quality used screen as this could be my best option in terms of cost vs quality. My Apple screen is still excellent after many years but I could do with something bigger.