Advice re returning new lens with fault to jacobs

Name
john
Edit My Images
Yes
Last week I bought a new canon 10-22mm lens, I noticed when in the shop there was something on the front glass as it had been in the window, guy gave it a wipe and said it was dust, it looked ok so took it.
Took it out to play with last night and in the bright sun when I tilted the lens notices a small mark which was not obvious when rear lens cap was on.
My thoughts are the lens was marked when it left the shop as there is no way I had done anything with it to cause this as it had only had a few shots taken with it and the caps were always on when not in use.
I am calling the shop tomorrow, Jacobs, to explain and ask for an exchange but I am expecting hassle, though I have never dealt with them before this purchase so may be misjudging, what do you think.
also it does not seem to effect the pictures, but feel I should have a replacement as I believe the mark was either always there or occured when the dust or whatever it was, was wiped off.
Any thoughts or advice

Hi John,
Check out Martin Lewis's website,he provides excellent advice on how to complain etc.
I'm in the Optical retail trade and from what you describe it sounds like you have a faulty lens coating,it will only get worse.

Back