Advice required for Tripod Carrying

Name
Alistair
Edit My Images
Yes
Manfrotto do a bag for it with a carrying strap, but I think you can just have a carrying strap if you prefer

I just use a rucksack. Comes in handy for other things at the same time.

Thinking a rucksack would be a bit of a pain, having to get the tripod out everytime. Looking into Optech Straps though, cheers.

I have a strap and I find it incredibly irritating.. I end up just taking the thing off, leave it in the car and carry my tripod instead!

I have the manfrotto bag in which the 055 + head goes in for protection, but it stays in the car and I just carry it on my shoulder after that, often with the body and lens attached.

I am on the lookout for a strap though but not desperate.

Thinking a rucksack would be a bit of a pain, having to get the tripod out everytime. Looking into Optech Straps though, cheers.

The tripod usually goes outside of the rucksack, Lowepro and Tamrac have exterior fittings for them, conventional climbing sacs have ice axe and ski pole mounts on the outside.

The tripod usually goes outside of the rucksack, Lowepro and Tamrac have exterior fittings for them, conventional climbing sacs have ice axe and ski pole mounts on the outside.

I have the Lowepro Mini Trekker and 055 is too big to carry on mine.

I attached my old camera strap to it - one end through the attachment point at the top, the other around the top of the plastic leg locks where the cut away bits are. Doesn't interfere with anything, it balances well, and best of all it was free!

I was thinking about buying a proper strap, and only did this as a make do, but it works that well, I haven't bothered buying a proper one

Back