[Advice] Second Shooter

Name
Jake Lewis
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey

I'm looking into becoming a second shooter to gain experience and knowledge around the Photography industry, I've been researching and looking into second shooters. From what i've read the task itself looks pretty straight forward although after looking around on the net, i've seen alot of people advertising their self as a second shooters and showing what they've achieved in the past.

But what i'm stuck on is the fact that from what i've read about them, they've all had previous experience in wedding photography and studio work but I haven't apart from the tasks i've done at college. So how would I go about gaining myself a position as a second shooter?

I've only really shot live gigs and extreme sports, even though with my extreme sports photography and the fact that I work for a Wakeboarding magazine doesn't come close to the task of Wedding Photography and Studio work.

I read the best way to achieve this is to directly email/call local photographers and ask, do you reckon that would be the best way to get about achieving a second shooter position?

:help:

Back