Advice wanted on editing photography?

Name
Jo
Edit My Images
Yes
Right, new here so if this is in the wrong place I apologise!

I have been out today with my new camera & tried to get some good pics... dunno if i did ok or not :LOL: I would now like to edit my photos in photoshop & try to make them look good/better! I haven't a clue where to start :bonk: so would really appreciate some help advice? I'm a designer so have intermediate photoshop knowledge but im a bit rusty :)

Thanks

Image 1
DSC_0229.jpg

Image 2
DSC_0161.jpg

Image 3
DSC_0197.jpg

Image 4
DSC_0198.jpg

I have taken lots more but those are my favourites at the moment :)

I like them - Dovestones Reservior?

Maybe just boost the contrast and fiddle round with different things. On the whole though I don't think they really need much pp.

Nice!

This reminds me to get back up there and snap away.

I like them - Dovestones Reservior?

Maybe just boost the contrast and fiddle round with different things. On the whole though I don't think they really need much pp.

Nice!

This reminds me to get back up there and snap away.

Yep good old Dovestones! Really enjoyed it up there today, beautiful place :D i'll have a play around, thanks!

Had a go with this one hope you dont mind
original
DSC_0161.jpg

tweaked
DSC_0161a.jpg

changed the levels a bit added a bit of blue to the sky removed the spots in the water
Dont know if its better or not I'm learning myself :)

I think it needs levelling - for me the horizon is wonky. Everytime I go to Dovestones it's a dull, dour day...

Nice shots. Other than slight levelling it prob only just needs a tweak of contrast and maybe a slight saturation to help emphasise some of the colours.

You Tube has loads of quite good tutorials on different kinds of processing requirements. It also has some funny ones and some crap ones but on the whole most are pretty useful.

Just type Photoshop into the search bar of You Tube. I dont know if there are any videos on other processing software packages if not using Photoshop though.

Good luck

I was sure I levelled it :eek:

I just thought myself still looks wonky lol :LOL:
Deja vu! I sometimes take pics, and while i'm sure they're level, get them on the pc and they're wonky!! Can this be a random thing or is it something you just don't notice sometimes?

I was just having a play with No 1 but being new round here have not got the hang of posting a picture yet - just get the url coming up.
Anyway I did a slight levelling, a crop taking off some of the water so that it fills bottom third rather than half the frame. Also used levels and shadow and highlight in the adjustment file to try to bring out the colours / details a little more. Maybe a little burn to bring out the clouds more but the main thing was to clone out the tree branches top right.
That`s the trouble with photoshop - once you start it`s hard to stop! I must spend 5/10 minutes adjusting virtualluy every pic I take now and rarely settle at just the raw conversion. Key things for me that I use most though are levels, brightness and contrast - and the white balance correction in converting from raw.

Back