Advice

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Been trying to get set up for long exposures, I would like some advice on how to improve the shot below.
IMG_1781_zps804ea2ac.jpg

here is the exif data,

Canon 1100d
F-stop f29
exposure time 25 sec
ISO speed ISO 100
exposure bias 0
focal length 34mm

I had a kood nd8 on it was taken about 19:00

i just feel disappointed with the result, i know its not the most startling of locations but just wanted to try out some settings.

My advice would be dont use such a small aperture, f11 or f16 would be as high as I would go as going smaller can degrade the image. Maybe get the horizon on a 3rd to balance the composition and make sure its level, I would maybe have another bash at sunrise/sunset to get some deeper colours? Good picture though :)

It looks overexposed and not very sharp, was it a windy evening and did you have the tripod firmly grounded, F29 is not usually the prime aperture try using f11 - F16. If you shoot in raw you can remove the blue hue in PP. I get a magenta hue with a ND110. Try bracketing your times , I use a note pad which has a ND110 exposure chart jotted down in the back then use the Bulb setting with a remote release with a timer to set the exposure time.

cheers all, yes it was windy and blooming cold. I may venture out when its less cold, wasn't comfy and time ran away as it was Baltic. Thanks for the genuine advice. i will post the results next time i go.

Back