advise on a photography studio

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys,
Hope everyones well :)

I'm after a bit of advise. If any one can help me that'll be greatly appreciated!

Im in the process of opening up an art and photography studio. Although I am fluent in art, at present I only know the basics of photography.
I would love some advice:
What equipment would you recommend using in a studio? eg. lighting, cameras, tripods, reflectors etc.
What would you expect to see in a photography studio?
How much would you be willing to pay for a studio session per hour?
If you were a model, would you prefer to hire a photographer or use your own? If you would prefer to hire, how much would you pay/charge per hour?
As a photographer, would you prefer to hire camera equipment, or bring your own? If, so, how much would you be willing to pay per hour for the hire of equipment?
Would you expect to have natural lighting in your studio room?
What do you currently feel photography studios are missing? How can they be improved?
What is the minimum size studio you would expect to see? (is there a minimum size)?

If any one can help me with any of my questions (even if you're answering just one) that'll be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your replies :ty:

You're opening a studio and you don't even know what one is yet or how they work?

Good luck with that. :facepalm:

You're opening a studio and you don't even know what one is yet or how they work?

Good luck with that. :facepalm:

Hey Sky, the next step after coming up with an idea is getting market research from a trusted group of people. Which I believe entering a photography forum would be a good way of getting that research.
As mentioned, I have all the aspects of the art studio/gallery covered which is well on its way. :banana:and is looking fab as that's my field and expertise.
However, it is a large space which I would like to convert some of It into a photography studio. Of course I know what one is and how they work. However, im not a photographer myself, so the best way to get proper answers is to speak to photographers. :)

Hi,

Firstly top points for looking to diversify and grow your business, I have no advice to offer on equipment or rates, however, I have considerable experience in business startups and would suggest you start slowly, by advertising space for a photographer to work at say £45 per half day and build from there. Each new client will have there own requirements and expectations and you should use that to make informed and cost effective decisions. All to often I have seen small businesses fail by investing there hard earned cash in the wrong direction. It might also be useful to canvas for models in your area.
PS For me as a beginner who has never used a studio, a few props (that you most likely already have) and a good local model would suffice as I learn my way !

Good Luck !

Back