Advise please

Name
Edit My Images
No
My lad is off to Aus for a few months, he's costing me a fortune here, so thought I would exile him there, got him a work permit, so he has no excuse to come back before he heads of to uni.
so , my question, whats the best compact to buy him, an all rounder that will give him good IQ, but wont break the bank, say £100-150
anyone bought anything in that price range recently , that has blown you away
thanks for looking:)

I would get one of the Panasonic Lumix range - they have decent lenses (licensed by Leica) - I have recommended them to several non-DLSR friends who have all been delighted with them.

This one is within budget:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5 Digital Camera (Silver)

It includes OIS & is the one I'd go for at that price.

Hope this helps

Phil

Panasonic nice cameras, also Canon SX110 IS gets good reviews and delivers good images too.

My lad is off to Aus for a few months, he's costing me a fortune here, so thought I would exile him there, got him a work permit, so he has no excuse to come back before he heads of to uni.
so , my question, whats the best compact to buy him, an all rounder that will give him good IQ, but wont break the bank, say £100-150
anyone bought anything in that price range recently , that has blown you away
thanks for looking:)

Lucky you :clap: - I've got one of my two still hanging around with no job & no prospects of one in this employment climate - anyhoo I digress - Does your lad want a 'point & shoot' or something a bit more capable? - If the former I'd agree with the Lumix range but if he wants to be more creative then something from the Canon G range would fit the bill - The G10 has come out recently so there is a good market in G9's new and used & used older cams from the G range which are still very able ...
Paul

Back